Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mail program on shell script didn't work, please advise. Post 302089967 by duke0001 on Thursday 21st of September 2006 05:16:33 PM
Old 09-21-2006
Carl:

You are right. I have modified script to add subject line like: mail -s 'subject line' myemail@company.com < log file. The script was executed successfully. But mail program still didn't work to send email to my email box. Do you think the syntex of my script correct? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script didn;t work in cron !!! @_@

Hi all, I am writing a script to monitor some processes existence in the system. It works perfectly by running the script manually in commend line. However, when I put it under cron to run it failed. Everything time when the variable is null in the if statment. it failed and quitted. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to start DB didn't work, help

I have created a script to strat and shutdown Oracle 10g DB on Solaris automatically when UNIX reboot. In the begining, it worked well. All of sudden, the dbstart part didn't work, other 3 part for lsnrctl, emctl, isqlplusctl all worked fine. I think it was TNS_ADMIN variable got problem. Because... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starce didn't work

Hello, I am learning to debug in sgi-Irix6.5, after a core dump, I was adviced to perform a "strace", but I got the following information: ERROR: tracer already exists what shall I do now? Thanks a lot Daniel (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakeat
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - replace with new line didn´t work for solaris

Hi This is what I was trying to do, comment one line and add something different in a new line right next. This is the command I want to do more .profile | sed 's,STRING1, #STRING1 NEWLINE STRING2,' (I´m using ',' because my string is something like this exec... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcalina
3 Replies

5. Programming

Please give me some advise to program for unix/linux using c/c++?

I have a good foundation of c++.I want to learn to program for linux/unix,can you give me some advises,for example classic books ,which operating system is used better(freebsd,solaris,federal linux.etc),and which aspects uses mostly in job.Can you give me clear direction for working or learning. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fengshuiyue
1 Replies

6. SCO

Hard disk clone of OpenServer 5.0.0 didn't work, why?

Continuing saga of working on making a retail store more robust by creating a backup clone of the main server, a 1995 era :eek: PC running SCO OpenServer 5.0.0b and a discontinued Point of Sales (POS) software system. I have a PC of the same make and model. The CPU runs faster and it has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt10
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emulate aix 5.3 , how ....? pearpc didn't work

how to emulate aix 5.3 i had try pearpc , but it didn't work ... someone have some solution? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable shell script advise

All, I have a need for a portable shell script for LInux and HPUX. The script has a simple need; Check for local files of a specific name (i.e. filename*), scp them to another system, and archive them to a folder. The script runs via cron. I first wrote the script in Linux (bash with gnu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Crontab] didn't work

Hello, Here is my crontab # Reboot one Sunday out of 2 at 02:00 0 2 * * 0/2 /usr/bin/reboot 2017-04-16 2017-04-23 2017-04-30 and so on I tested my crontab here, it seems to work Http://cron.schlitt.info/index.php?c...=100&test=Test However on my distrib linux mageďa When I register... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the Shell Script [Expert Advise Needed]

I have prepared a shell script to find the duplicates based on the part of filename and retain latest. #!/bin/bash if ; then mkdir -p dup fi NOW=$(date +"%F-%H:%M:%S") LOGFILE="purge_duplicate_log-$NOW.log" LOGTIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
6 Replies
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail - Log messages with sendmail. SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail; my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', subject => 'your subject', ); $email->log(message => $message); DESCRIPTION
With this output module it's possible to log messages via "sendmail". METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail object. The following options are possible: from The sender address (From). to The receipient address (To). cc Carbon Copy (Cc). bcc Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc) subject The subject of the mail. sender This option is identical with "sendmail -f". header With this options it's possible to set your own header. my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', header => 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => { From => 'bar@foo.example', To => 'foo@bar.example', Subject => 'my subject', 'Content-Type' => text/plain; charset= UTF-8', } ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => [ 'From: bar@foo.example', 'To: foo@bar.example', 'Subject: my subject', 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ] ); sendmail The default is set to "/usr/sbin/sendmail". params Parameters for "sendmail". The default is set to "-t". maxsize Set the maximum size of the buffer in bytes. All messages will be buffered and if "maxsize" is exceeded the buffer is flushed and the messages will be send as email. The default is set to 1048576 bytes. Set 0 if you want no buffering and send a mail for each log message. debug Set 1 if you want to enable debugging. The messages can be fetched with $SIG{__WARN__}. log() Call "log()" if you want to log a message as email. $email->log(message => "this message will be mailed"); If you pass the level then its placed into the subject: $email->log(message => "foo", level => "INFO"); $email->log(message => "bar", level => "ERROR"); $email->log(message => "baz", level => "DEBUG"); The lowest level is used: Subject: ERROR ... You can pass the level with "Log::Handler" by setting message_pattern => '%L' flush() Call "flush()" if you want to flush the buffered messages. validate() Validate a configuration. reload() Reload with a new configuration. errstr() This function returns the last error message. DESTROY
"DESTROY" is defined and called "flush()". PREREQUISITES
Carp Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)