Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mail program on shell script didn't work, please advise. Post 302089958 by BOFH on Thursday 21st of September 2006 04:06:45 PM
Old 09-21-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0001
Carl:

You are right. But do I have to put subject line there? If not, it will cost problem? There is any default subject line?
No default subject line. If you use the -s switch, you must pass a subject line. You don't have to use the -s switch though. It just won't have a subject line when you receive it.

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script didn;t work in cron !!! @_@

Hi all, I am writing a script to monitor some processes existence in the system. It works perfectly by running the script manually in commend line. However, when I put it under cron to run it failed. Everything time when the variable is null in the if statment. it failed and quitted. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stancwong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to start DB didn't work, help

I have created a script to strat and shutdown Oracle 10g DB on Solaris automatically when UNIX reboot. In the begining, it worked well. All of sudden, the dbstart part didn't work, other 3 part for lsnrctl, emctl, isqlplusctl all worked fine. I think it was TNS_ADMIN variable got problem. Because... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starce didn't work

Hello, I am learning to debug in sgi-Irix6.5, after a core dump, I was adviced to perform a "strace", but I got the following information: ERROR: tracer already exists what shall I do now? Thanks a lot Daniel (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakeat
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - replace with new line didn´t work for solaris

Hi This is what I was trying to do, comment one line and add something different in a new line right next. This is the command I want to do more .profile | sed 's,STRING1, #STRING1 NEWLINE STRING2,' (I´m using ',' because my string is something like this exec... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcalina
3 Replies

5. Programming

Please give me some advise to program for unix/linux using c/c++?

I have a good foundation of c++.I want to learn to program for linux/unix,can you give me some advises,for example classic books ,which operating system is used better(freebsd,solaris,federal linux.etc),and which aspects uses mostly in job.Can you give me clear direction for working or learning. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fengshuiyue
1 Replies

6. SCO

Hard disk clone of OpenServer 5.0.0 didn't work, why?

Continuing saga of working on making a retail store more robust by creating a backup clone of the main server, a 1995 era :eek: PC running SCO OpenServer 5.0.0b and a discontinued Point of Sales (POS) software system. I have a PC of the same make and model. The CPU runs faster and it has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt10
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emulate aix 5.3 , how ....? pearpc didn't work

how to emulate aix 5.3 i had try pearpc , but it didn't work ... someone have some solution? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable shell script advise

All, I have a need for a portable shell script for LInux and HPUX. The script has a simple need; Check for local files of a specific name (i.e. filename*), scp them to another system, and archive them to a folder. The script runs via cron. I first wrote the script in Linux (bash with gnu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Crontab] didn't work

Hello, Here is my crontab # Reboot one Sunday out of 2 at 02:00 0 2 * * 0/2 /usr/bin/reboot 2017-04-16 2017-04-23 2017-04-30 and so on I tested my crontab here, it seems to work Http://cron.schlitt.info/index.php?c...=100&test=Test However on my distrib linux mageďa When I register... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimizing the Shell Script [Expert Advise Needed]

I have prepared a shell script to find the duplicates based on the part of filename and retain latest. #!/bin/bash if ; then mkdir -p dup fi NOW=$(date +"%F-%H:%M:%S") LOGFILE="purge_duplicate_log-$NOW.log" LOGTIME=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
6 Replies
MHMAIL(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								 MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)