Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with LVM
Operating Systems AIX Help with LVM Post 302089945 by dukessd on Thursday 21st of September 2006 03:02:50 PM
Old 09-21-2006
I'd say pdisk20, 21, 27, 28 make up hdisk5, raid 10, and the other disks are free.
smitty pdam
and have a poke about.
pdisks cannot be used, they must become a hdisk, either on their own or as part of an array.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

When to use LVM?

Having first encountered LVM in HP-UX and now experimenting with it in Redhat and Gentoo, I am wondering, when is it actually good practice to use LVM? Obviously LVM doesn't work for boot partitions, so that question is a pretty easy answer: Not for /boot in Linux. While trying to figure out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

lvm with -- on the name

Hi All, I created an lvm filesystem with a name with dash in the middle, like xxx-yyy (note, that it's only one dash). I was able to create it smoothly with this instructions. lvcreate -L 1G uservg -n xxx-yyy ls /dev/uservg/xxx-yyy (check) mkfs.ext3 /dev/uservg/xxx-yyy mount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Lvm

Hi, can we create logical volume from 2 different volume groups. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopalredhat
1 Replies

4. AIX

lvm

Hi. can anyone define about VGDA,VGSA,and quorum in aix.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. AIX

Help with lvm

i have os 5.1 and i do mirror with hdisk0 and hdisk1 on rootvg at the end i get error in mail that: At least one partition mirror is broken please call sysadmin hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/stale N/A the other fs seems ok and sync what to do about the hd5??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitt74
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

LVM Help

Hi, I have extended the logical drive on my SMART ARRAY on a BL460 C class blade from 72G to 300G (disk upgrade RAID0+1). It went fine and the new larger disks have now sync'ed up. I now need to create additional disk space on my linux OS (RH) via LVM but I am unable to see the additional... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
9 Replies

8. Linux

LVM

Hi , I have 500 GB hard drive in my office server, previous employee installed fedora in to it, with 50 GB / and 120 GB (/opt/backup 15GB, /opt/test 5GB so on) . i have 180 GB free space left , so I have created LVM in 180 GB and moved all data from 120 GB to 180 . Now i need to create lvm in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram5019
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

10. AIX

Need LVM Help

Hello, I need some help, it is slightly urgent so any help is appreciated. We were doing a data migration, during a migratepv command, our SAN ran out of quota space and locked all of the filesystems, now I'm left with a few errors and am not able to do migratepv again. /:migratepv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies
PARTED(8)							 GNU Parted Manual							 PARTED(8)

NAME
GNU Parted - a partition manipulation program SYNOPSIS
parted [options] [device [command [options...]...]] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the parted command. Complete documentation is distributed with the package in GNU Info format; see below. parted is a disk partitioning and partition resizing program. It allows you to create, destroy, resize, move and copy ext2, ext3, linux- swap, FAT and FAT32 partitions. This is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk usage, and copying data to new hard disks. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a help message. -i, --interactive where necessary, prompts for user intervention. -s, --script never prompts for user intervention. -v, --version displays the version. COMMANDS
[device] The block device to partition. [command [options]] Specifies a command to parted. If no command is given, parted will give you a command prompt. Commands are: check partition does a simple check on partition. cp [source-device] source dest copies the source partition's filesystem on source-device (or the current device if no other device was specified) to the dest partition on the current device. help [command] prints general help, or help on command if specified. mkfs partition fs-type make a filesystem fs-type on partition. fs-type can be one of "FAT", "ext2" or "linux-swap". mklabel label-type Creates a new disklabel (partition table) of label-type. label-type should be one of "bsd", "gpt", "loop", "mac", "mips", "msdos", "pc98" or "sun". mkpart part-type [fs-type] start end make a part-type partition with filesystem fs-type (if specified), beginning at start and ending at end (in megabytes). part-type should be one of "primary", "logical" or "extended" mkpartfs part-type fs-type start end make a part-type partition with filesystem fs-type beginning at start and ending at end (in megabytes) move partition start end move partition to start at start and end at end. Note: move never changes the minor number name partition name set the name of partition to name. This option works only on Mac and PC98 disklabels. The name can be placed in quotes, if necessary print displays the partition table quit exits parted resize partition start end resize the filesystem on partition to start at start and end at end megabytes rm partition deletes partition select device choose device as the current device to edit. device should usually be a Linux hard disk device, but it can be a partition, software raid device or a LVM logical volume if that is necessary set partition flag state change the state of the flag on partition to state. Flags supported are: "boot", "root", "swap", "hidden", "raid", "lvm" and "lba". state should be either "on" or "off" REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-parted@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
fdisk(8), mkfs(8), The parted program is documented fully in the GNU partitioning software manual available via the Info system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Timshel Knoll <timshel@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). parted 18 Mar, 2002 PARTED(8)