Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing font and color in log file of Script Post 302089873 by sayonm on Thursday 21st of September 2006 09:12:56 AM
Old 09-21-2006
Computer weird solution

You can rename the log file with .c extension and then whleprinting the error messages print them within " " or within /* */
[code]
echo "\"ERROR MESSG\"" > log.c
echo "/*ANOTHER ERROR*/" >> log.c
[code]

now when i do vi log.c you will see
[color=red]"ERROR MESSG"[color]
[color=blue]/*ANOTHER ERROR*/[color]

maybe this kinda result is not expected, but thats the best i could think of :P

hope this helps Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing font in script

I'm trying to figure out how to change the font or color of output in the middle of a shell script. I can't find anything that tells me how to do that. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MDyer18
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Color Change Using .profile

Does anyone know how can I change font color, background color etc for a particular user using .profile? Any help is appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifo_vs_lifo23
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying font type and color in a shell script

Hi, I am new to shell script. Can you please tell me, whether can we specify font type and color in a shell script? If so, how to do this? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vani_Govind
4 Replies

5. Programming

changing text color in c

I'm writing my own Unix ls command in c and I was wondering if anyone knows how to or can point me to a tutorial that shows me how to change the text color of the filename depending on if it's a directory, regular file, linked file, etc..., like the real ls command does? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change color or font when executing a script

I'm writing a simple menu script and I would like to output the whole script using background color: black AND foreground color:white. Meaning if the ssh terminal of a user is set to green for example, it will change to my desired color when menu script is executed. Once the script is exited, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

font color in script

i am using ubuntu 11.04 and i just finished writing a shell script but i was wanting to know if their is a way to change the font color of just one sentence? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotshot247
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set font color for STDIN,STDOUT and STDERR?

I want to differentiate the STDOUT and STDERR messages in my terminal . If a script or command is printing a message in terminal I want to differentiate by colors, Is it possible ? Example: $date Wed Jul 27 12:36:50 IST 2011 $datee bash: datee: command not found $alias ls alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with changing font size in konsole

I created a very very basic script that opens multiple konsole terminals when I run the script which essentially sshs into a jump box into the end device and tails some logs etc etc. A few of the konsoles run scripts where the default font size is too big and the lines are cut off. Which I would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiCe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with font color change

Hi All, I have a file that contains following entries. I want to highlight the line that has word as "FAILURE" while sending the email. File ------------------------------------------------------------ Job Name: ABC Start Time: 07/20/2019 07:32:39 End Time: 07/20/2019... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies
line(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   line(1)

NAME
line - Reads one line from standard input SYNOPSIS
line STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: line: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
None DESCRIPTION
The line command copies one line, up to and including a newline, from standard input and writes it to standard output. Use this command within a shell command file to read from your terminal. The line command always writes at least a newline character. NOTES
The line utility has no internationalization features and is marked LEGACY in XCU Issue 5. Use the read utility instead. EXIT STATUS
Success. End-of-File. EXAMPLES
To read a line from the keyboard and append it to a file, enter: echo 'Enter comments for the log:' echo ': c' line >>log This shell procedure displays the message: Enter comments for the log: It then reads a line of text from the keyboard and adds it to the end of the file log. The echo ': c' command displays a : (colon) prompt. See the echo command for information about the c escape sequence. SEE ALSO
Commands: echo(1), ksh(1), read(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p) Functions: read(2) Standards: standards(5) line(1)