Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris stop a process to start at system startup Post 302089765 by BOFH on Wednesday 20th of September 2006 04:34:40 PM
Old 09-20-2006
Check /etc/rc2.d for the file S88sendmail (for example). It's a symbolic link to /etc/init.d/sendmail. If either rename it to "s88sendmail" for example (lower case 's'), or delete it, it won't start on boot.

Carl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3: Start Service on System startup

Hi, I'm new to AIX, and have to make some services start at system startup. The IBM-Redbook says I have to edit /etc/inittab. As a long time (Debian)-Linux Admin I'm a bit confused. Is there something like /etc/init.d/$SERVICE in AIX? Greetings, Dennis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennis.kuehl
1 Replies

2. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. SuSE

start services during the startup

I'm trying to add services to start services automatically during the system start up in suse linux. I followed these steps.. chkconfig servicename on and created symbolic link at /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ folder with name S80servicename. here is the command I used ln -s /etc/init.d/servicename... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start/Stop process when a file is modified.

I have a file which is modified via a web application & this may happen during any time of the day/week. This file is being used a config/list file for another shell script which runs 24hrs with a sleep of 200 secs. I have writted a small script to kill the shell script when this config file is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lancel0t
4 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP version 5.4 startup and stop scripts

Hi My hacmp version is 5.4 and it is a active passive cluster. Where can I find the startup and stop scripts? Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startup script to monitor and stop exim

hi i am a newbie to linux , we use Communigate for our mail on Centos. my problem is how to stop exim from running at startup. If exim starts our users cannot send their mail. i have stopped it running on all run levels but if i check exim status it says : Exim is stopped but the pid is running. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dongcool
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Process dies when launched in system startup script

Good morning! I'm trying to add Maven to the system boot by the moment without success. Testing the operation of the script I realize that the process isn't persistent when the program is launched with the start option. ---- #Startup Script ---- #! /bin/sh # chkconfig: 345 99 1 #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpannav
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop and start a process every X hours

Hi, I have a parallelized Mathematica program that spans across 8 MathKernels processes running at 100% and one MathKernel (highlighted in blue) running at < 10% that controls the other 8. They look like this on the cluster: https://www.unix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5111&stc=1&d=1381245618... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovform
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Start a service manager process automatically on startup

Hello, I am in the process of learning Linux OS. How do I run the below lines of code automatically as root on server startup. cd /opt/program_folder/ServiceManager/bin nohup ./servce_manager DEV & Currently, as soon as the server is up and running I log in as root (as this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux startup and stop scripts using SSH

I have a question. Actually I want to make two scripts, one is startup.sh and other is stopscript.sh so for example, I have 5 servers. Each server has two instances :- abc111 - Masters -cra4 abc222 -middle tear -cra abc333 -middle tear -cra1 abc444 -middle tear ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siddharthjain
1 Replies
ncakmod(1)							   User Commands							ncakmod(1)

NAME
ncakmod - start or stop the NCA kernel module SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/ncakmod start | stop DESCRIPTION
ncakmod is used to start or stop the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") kernel module. When the start option is specified at the command-line, the NCA kernel module will be activated for all physical interfaces listed in the nca.if file. When the ncakmod command is invoked with the stop option, the NCA kernel module will print the following message: To stop NCA, please set the status configuration parameter to disable in ncakmod.conf and then reboot your system. See the ncakmod.conf(4) manual page for more information. Note that in order to properly stop NCA on your system, you must first edit the ncakmod.conf(4) file and set the status field to "disable," then reboot your system. OPTIONS
start Starts the NCA kernel module. stop Describes the current method for stopping the NCA feature. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting and Stopping the NCA Feature The following command is used to start the NCA feature: example% /etc/init.d/ncakmod start FILES
/etc/init.d/ncakmod The NCA kernel module startup script. /etc/nca/ncakmod.conf Specifies configuration options for the NCA kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncad_addr(4), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Sep 2001 ncakmod(1)