Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris stop a process to start at system startup Post 302089756 by larsgk on Wednesday 20th of September 2006 04:09:20 PM
Old 09-20-2006
stop a process to start at system startup

Hi all! I'm running Solaris 10 and have a question about how i can stop a certain program to start at system startup,for example, as it is now sendmail is starting but i don't need sendmail,on the other hand so would i be very glad to get cups up and running at startup, anyone who can explain where i can find a solution to this? In Linux (Slackware) we have /etc/rc.d/rc.local to edit but in Solaris?????
Thanks in advance
Lars.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3: Start Service on System startup

Hi, I'm new to AIX, and have to make some services start at system startup. The IBM-Redbook says I have to edit /etc/inittab. As a long time (Debian)-Linux Admin I'm a bit confused. Is there something like /etc/init.d/$SERVICE in AIX? Greetings, Dennis (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennis.kuehl
1 Replies

2. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. SuSE

start services during the startup

I'm trying to add services to start services automatically during the system start up in suse linux. I followed these steps.. chkconfig servicename on and created symbolic link at /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ folder with name S80servicename. here is the command I used ln -s /etc/init.d/servicename... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start/Stop process when a file is modified.

I have a file which is modified via a web application & this may happen during any time of the day/week. This file is being used a config/list file for another shell script which runs 24hrs with a sleep of 200 secs. I have writted a small script to kill the shell script when this config file is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lancel0t
4 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP version 5.4 startup and stop scripts

Hi My hacmp version is 5.4 and it is a active passive cluster. Where can I find the startup and stop scripts? Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startup script to monitor and stop exim

hi i am a newbie to linux , we use Communigate for our mail on Centos. my problem is how to stop exim from running at startup. If exim starts our users cannot send their mail. i have stopped it running on all run levels but if i check exim status it says : Exim is stopped but the pid is running. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dongcool
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Process dies when launched in system startup script

Good morning! I'm trying to add Maven to the system boot by the moment without success. Testing the operation of the script I realize that the process isn't persistent when the program is launched with the start option. ---- #Startup Script ---- #! /bin/sh # chkconfig: 345 99 1 #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpannav
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop and start a process every X hours

Hi, I have a parallelized Mathematica program that spans across 8 MathKernels processes running at 100% and one MathKernel (highlighted in blue) running at < 10% that controls the other 8. They look like this on the cluster: https://www.unix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5111&stc=1&d=1381245618... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovform
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Start a service manager process automatically on startup

Hello, I am in the process of learning Linux OS. How do I run the below lines of code automatically as root on server startup. cd /opt/program_folder/ServiceManager/bin nohup ./servce_manager DEV & Currently, as soon as the server is up and running I log in as root (as this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux startup and stop scripts using SSH

I have a question. Actually I want to make two scripts, one is startup.sh and other is stopscript.sh so for example, I have 5 servers. Each server has two instances :- abc111 - Masters -cra4 abc222 -middle tear -cra abc333 -middle tear -cra1 abc444 -middle tear ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siddharthjain
1 Replies
mailstats(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      mailstats(8)

NAME
mailstats - Displays statistics about mail traffic SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-C cffile [-f stfile] FLAGS
Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. Use cffile as the name of the sendmail "cf" file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/send- mail.cf. Use stfile as the input statistics file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. DESCRIPTION
The mailstats command reads the information in the /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st file (or in the file specified with the -f flag), formats it, and writes it to standard output. Note also that you can change the location of the sendmail.st file by editing its pathname in the sendmail.cf file. EXAMPLES
The format of the information is shown in the following example, in which the first field (M) contains a number that indicates the position of that mailer in the sendmail.cf file, starting at 0 (zero). For example, the first mailer in the sendmail.cf file corresponds to the number 0 in the mailstats display, the second mailer corresponds to the number 1, and so on. Statistics from Thu Feb 17 11:20:01 2000 M msgsfr bytes_from msgsto bytes_to msgsrej msgsdis Mailer 1 50 77K 1 3K 0 0 local 6 43 59K 58 99K 0 0 smtp ============================================================ T 93 136K 59 102K 0 0 The fields in the report have the following meanings: Indicates the position of the mailer in the sendmail.cf file. Indicates the number of messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of rejected messages. Indicates the number of discarded messages. Indicates the name of the mailer. If sendmail transmits mail directly to a file, such as the dead.letter file or an alias target, the message and byte counts are credited to the prog mailer, as defined in the sendmail.cf file. However, mailstats will still default to var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains system statistics Contains configuration information for sendmail RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sendmail(8) delim off mailstats(8)