Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Any Filesystems in Linux Support Versioning? Post 302089754 by Corona688 on Wednesday 20th of September 2006 04:08:21 PM
Old 09-20-2006
CVS is kind of overkill if all it's meant for is one machine.

Wayback looks like a really neat idea. Imagine using that for your /etc/ filesystem!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SMP support in Linux 7.3

What is the SMP support like when you are running Linux 7.3 on a system with 2-4 CPUs? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AngryRabbi
3 Replies

2. Linux

Linux Hyper-thread support?

Hello all, I'm looking in to building a Redhat/Windows machine for myself and was wondering if Redhat linux support 800Mhz front side bus speed or hyper-thread? If so would I have to recompile the kernel to enable this feature? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux Support?

If the strength of Unix based operating systems such as Linux and Red Hat are based on the fact that they are open-source. Who will provide support for personal computers or average users that uses these operating systems. Wouldn't the absence of some structured and formal support system inhibit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

4. Linux

Ntfs5 Support For Linux

Hello, the other day i was trying to mount my WindowsXP partition in Linux and it said that the fs type was not supported. I know that WindowsXP does not use ntfs but uses ntfs5. If any of you guys know where i can find a file that will allow me to mount my ntfs5 please tell me. by the was i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xcaliber
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Does devlable support RedHat Linux 5.5 or later version?

Dear Guru, Last time when I install ORACLE RAC with ASM, I have use udev to mapping the raw device. Someone told me that "devlable" is good tool to achieve that. But I can find the rpm package for Linux 5.5. Look devlable only for x86 system? Am I right? What is the different between: udev... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios configuration support on Linux

Hi All, I have been trying to find a documentation for implementing a check of an Oracle query on Nagios environment. The requirement is very simple. This is the Oracle query select count(*) from IM_BC_JOB; If count_number >= 10 then RED alert if count_number < 10 then GREEN alert ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio123bgg
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Graphics Driver Support in Linux

It's not exactly a question and more of a discussion. I found very less graphics application being developed for linux system. I'm not really fond of graphics programming and have a very little knowledge about it. Can any one suggest me that whether linux lack in ghraphics support? or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
2 Replies
CVSCONNECT(1)															     CVSCONNECT(1)

NAME
cvsconnect - CVS connection minimizer SYNOPSIS
cvsconnect cvsroot [command-to-run ...] DESCRIPTION
CVSconnect enables you to do multiple CVS operations on single network connection. CVSconnect sets up special environment using $CVSRSH/$CVSROOT for the command line CVS client. In the environment, the command line CVS client reuses a network connection. CVSconnect is especially designed to use with CVSsuck. And CVSconnect (or similar) will be integrated to a future version of CVSsuck. However, it is planned that CVSsuck directly connects to a cvs server without cvs command. EXAMPLES
cvsconnect $HOME/.cvsroot BUGS
o The global option -z for compression cannot be used. If you use SSH via ext method, you can use compression by SSH instead. o CVS client must be run at a time. Running two or more clients at a same time will make a trouble. (will be fixed in future release.) o Some static variables in a CVS server may confuse you. It's a CVS bug. Report it to CVS developer :-). o Command line CVS client must request `Root' first. Don't mind. There is no implementation which violates this assumption, however I know. At least, CVS-1.10 and CVS-1.11 should work. NOTES
o When CVS command is failed, CVSconnect automatically re-run the command with reconnected connection when CVS command is failed. Especially the failure is caused by a long running CVS-1.10 server. Since CVS-1.10 doesn't close some file descriptors, a long running CVS server will exceed a limit of file descriptors. o /bin/sh should be POSIX sh because this script uses ${parameter#pattern}, etc. If your /bin/sh is ancient Bourne shell, use ksh or bash. SEE ALSO
cvs(1), cvssuck(1). AUTHOR
This manpage is written by Piotr Roszatycki <dexter@debian.org> for Debian distribution and can be freely redistributed. Debian 2011-08-30 CVSCONNECT(1)