Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Qlogic 2300 and WWN display
Operating Systems Solaris Qlogic 2300 and WWN display Post 302089750 by reborg on Wednesday 20th of September 2006 04:02:13 PM
Old 09-20-2006
Do you have all the qlc patches and SUNWsan installed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Wwn

hiho peeps, is there a possibility to see the WWNs of your SAN-HBAs, like in ifconfig the MAC-addresse.....??? greetings Pressy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

RHEL AS 4 Kernel SRC + DKMS + QLogic

Hi, I need some help. I installed RHEL AS 4 u5 x86_64 (vendor requirement) on a Dell Blade 1855. I have a daughter board that will give it a HBA port. I can't install the daughter card until the Qlogic driver is loaded. I can't install the Qlogic driver sine the kernel src is not there. So I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BFLO
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to sort/change modify 2300 users ...

Ok, so here's my project I've been given and I know very little about this. I have an AIX unix box that has over 2300 local users. Any user with 4 or less characters in the username does not get changed. Any user with 5 or more needs to have the attribute shell=/bin/ksh changed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tresani
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Qlogic HBA card in E450 with errors

I have installed a qlogic HBA card in an E450 Solaris 9 with all the SUNW packages and the latest EPROM version. Configuration reboot was done. An orange light flashes to the right of where the card plugs into the fiber cable after booting, and the following error apprears at the start of the boot... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: floydm
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Qlogic HBA's - lputil / lpfc.conf

Hi all Hope your all well and happy in solaris land :-) Recently purchased some Qlogic HBA's for a few solaris servers. Was told that you cant have mixed chipsets and as this client is all qlogic, have to have hba's using qlogic. 1) Is that correct ? Cant mix different chipsets of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Qlogic HBA + Veritas - Part 2

Hi all, New to the world of SAN, so forgive me for any ambigious terminology. I have a sun 6800 chassis with two domains, both domains connected to a San ancor sanbox ( 2 x Storeedge T3 / Mcdata switch ). Current Qlogic HBA's are 1Gb glc adaptors, version of qlc drivers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

lun masking at qlogic HBA level

need to do LUN masking at qlogic HBA level..at RHEL 5.x I am using qla* module at part of the Unix kernel, it is not OEM drivers that come with the HBA card, so I can't use Sansurfer to do this.. Is there a way to do this at all ?? :wall: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris OS having issue accessing LUN from Qlogic swich

Hi Community, I am facing one issue related storage accessing from solaris 10 machine(M5000). it was working fine then we shifted to another site. the only change on that site is FC switch. The issue i am facing is from solaris machine i can able to see the LUN, it;s only a test lun of 30... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
17 Replies

9. Solaris

Qlogic 10G Ethernet adapter not working

Hi Community, i have one issue with 10 fiber ethernet adapter. here is my details: root@new-bpel.example.com #dladm show-dev bge0 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex: unknown bge1 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full qlge2 link:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Need WWN

How do I identify the WWN of associated SAN through a logical volume that is mounted on a RHEL 6 system (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)		      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions			  HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_OpenAdapter, HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN, HBA_CloseAdapter - open and close a specific adapter SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_OpenAdapter(char *adaptername); HBA_STATUS HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN(HBA_HANDLE *handle, HBA_WWN wwn); void HBA_CloseAdapter(HBA_HANDLE handle); PARAMETERS
adaptername the name of the adapter to open, as returned by HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI) handle HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() a pointer to an HBA_HANDLE HBA_CloseAdapter() the open handle of the adapter to close, as returned by HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) wwn the WWN to match the Node WWN or Port WWN of the HBA to open DESCRIPTION
The HBA_OpenAdapter() function opens the adapter specified by adaptername and returns a handle used for subsequent operations on the HBA. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function opens a handle to the HBA whose Node or Port WWN matches the wwn argument. The HBA_CloseAdapter() function closes the open handle. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_OpenAdapter() returns a valid HBA_HANDLE with a numeric value greater than 0. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK The handle argument contains a valid HBA handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The wwn argument is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_AMBIGUOUS_WWN The WWN is matched to multiple adapters. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred while opening the adapter. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Open an adapter. The following example opens the specified adapter. handle = HBA_OpenAdapter(adaptername); if (handle == 0) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open HBA %d with name " ""%s". ", hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)