Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help - script can check jump sequence? Post 302089628 by happyv on Wednesday 20th of September 2006 06:26:55 AM
Old 09-20-2006
not work..
when I run the script, it showing the error below:

Code:
expr: non-numeric argument
comparing SIMAC and  ... 
ksh: test: argument expected
file names SIMAC are not in sequence 
comparing SIMAC and  ... 
ksh: test: argument expected
file names SIMAC are not in sequence 

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 08-28-2009 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script in boot sequence

Hi , I have some problems with my library when the sytem boot : When HPUX is booting, HPUX and STAPE claim the drive initially. HPUX assigns an instance number. The instance number is tied to the hardware path. Near the end of the boot, the ATDD driver claims the drive from STAPE based... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: delphine
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking jump sequence number (part2)

The following script have some bug...can you all help me: #!/bin/sh start=1 for file_number in `ls -1 /appl/CH_DATA/archive/list1/CACHE/CDBACKUPFILEJohn*.archived | sort | cut -c 48,49,50,51` do if ; then # this is the first pass of the loop, so we've got nothing to compare start=0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file sequence

Hi everyone, I need help in creating a script that would check if the file sequence is in order in a particular directory. These are log files that are generated throughout the day. Example of the file name will be, ABC01_YYMMDDHHMM###### (ABC01_0904161829000001) Sometimes the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran21
4 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Check file sequence script not working. Need help.

I have a script to check a file sequence for missing frames. It used to work in true Unix but now on OSX 10.6.4 (bash) it reports every frame is missing. Hopefully someone here can help. #!/bin/csh -f if ($#argv < 1) then echo echo "Usage: checkseq <name> " echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Sequence

* Expiry DATE: * Address1: Address2: Address3: Address4: Address5: * PO_ref_number: aadad HolderId_1: HolderId_2: HolderId_3: HolderId_4: * adad: 00000 ada: 00000 adad: RANDOM adad: RANDOM ****************************** (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check missing sequence?

I want to listed files every hours and check the missing sequence my file format is CV.020220131430.txt CV.020220131440.txt CV.020220131450.txt CV.ddmmyyhhm.txt how to check if i have missing files in sequence .. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to make the script jump to sleep?

Hi Gurus, I am working one below script. I am stuck at the else condition. #!/bin/ksh while : do cur_date=`date |cut -d"," -f 1` cur_time=`date +"%H%M" if ||; then if && ; then echo "File " $FIRST_FILE "... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notify when the script run(hourly)on my jump-box only when there is a failure on my remote-box

Team, Presently I have a script, which i have set up cron on one of my Jump-boxes,and gives me the output on every hourly basis,fetching the data from the remote machine.Basically it gives me the list of all active users logged and its count once we execute the script.Here the count is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the missing file based on sequence number.

Hi All, I have a requirement that i need to list only the missing sequences with a unix script. For Example: Input: FILE_001.txt FILE_002.txt FILE_005.txt FILE_006.txt FILE_008.txt FILE_009.txt FILE_010.txt FILE_014.txt Output: FILE_003.txt FILE_004.txt FILE_007.txt FILE_011.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun1992
5 Replies
fmlexpr(1F)							   FMLI Commands						       fmlexpr(1F)

NAME
fmlexpr - evaluate arguments as an expression SYNOPSIS
fmlexpr arguments DESCRIPTION
The fmlexpr function evaluates its arguments as an expression. After evaluation, the result is written on the standard output. Terms of the expression must be separated by blanks. Characters special to FMLI must be escaped. Note that 30 is returned to indicate a zero value, rather than the null string. Strings containing blanks or other special characters should be quoted. Integer-valued arguments may be pre- ceded by a unary minus sign. Internally, integers are treated as 32-bit, 2s complement numbers. The operators and keywords are listed below. Characters that need to be escaped are preceded by . The list is in order of increasing precedence, with equal precedence operators grouped within {} symbols. USAGE
Expressions expr | expr Returns the first expr if it is neither NULL nor 0, otherwise returns the second expr. expr & expr Returns the first expr if neither expr is NULL or 0, otherwise returns 0. expr { =, >, >=, <, <=, != } expr Returns the result of an integer comparison if both arguments are integers, otherwise returns the result of a lexical comparison. expr { +, - } expr Addition or subtraction of integer-valued arguments. expr { *, /, % } expr Multiplication, division, or remainder of the integer-valued arguments. expr : expr The matching operator : (colon) compares the first argument with the second argument which must be a regular expression. Regular expression syntax is the same as that of ed(1), except that all patterns are "anchored" (that is, begin with ^) and, therefore, ^ is not a special character, in that context. Normally, the matching operator returns the number of bytes matched (0 on failure). Alterna- tively, the (...) pattern symbols can be used to return a portion of the first argument. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Incrementing a variable Add 1 to the variable a: example% fmlexpr $a + 1 | set -l a Example 2: Setting a variable equal to a filename For $a equal to either /usr/abc/file or just file: example% fmlexpr $a : .*/(.*) | $a returns the last segment of a path name (that is, file). Watch out for / alone as an argument: fmlexpr will take it as the division opera- tor (see NOTES below). Example 3: A better representation of Example 2 example% fmlexpr //$a : .*/(.*) The addition of the // characters eliminates any ambiguity about the division operator (because it makes it impossible for the left-hand expression to be interpreted as the division operator), and simplifies the whole expression. Example 4: Counting characters in a variable Return the number of characters in $VAR: example% fmlexpr $VAR : .* EXIT STATUS
As a side effect of expression evaluation, fmlexpr returns the following exit values: 0 if the expression is neither NULL nor 0 (that is, TRUE) 1 if the expression is NULL or 0 (that is, FALSE) 2 for invalid expressions (that is, FALSE). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ed(1), expr(1), set(1F), sh(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
syntax error for operator/operand errors non-numeric argument if arithmetic is attempted on such a string In the case of syntax errors and non-numeric arguments, an error message will be printed at the current cursor position. Use refresh to redraw the screen. NOTES
After argument processing by FMLI, fmlexpr cannot tell the difference between an operator and an operand except by the value. If $a is an =, the command: example% fmlexpr $a = = looks like: example% fmlexpr = = = as the arguments are passed to fmlexpr (and they will all be taken as the = operator). The following works, and returns TRUE: example% fmlexpr X$a = X= SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 fmlexpr(1F)