Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How do I post a question to the forums Post 302089341 by reborg on Monday 18th of September 2006 06:48:04 PM
Old 09-18-2006
Jack 1981 has already posted the answer in this thread to the question originally posted.

Your question does not appear to have anything to do with this question. Please start a new thread in an appropriate area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1981
You just did.

Select the correct part of the forum first, for instance you are in shell scripting at the moment. Pick a fitting subject and then give a detail explantion of your question.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove my registration and last post from Unix Forums

Hi I obviously shouldn't have registered with this website for help, please can you remove my registration and last post. It has now been sorted elsewhere. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skylark167
0 Replies

2. Advertise with Us

How to Post to The UNIX and Linux Forums Job Board

The UNIX and Linux Job Board is a service provided by the The UNIX and Linux Forums to help employers connect with UNIX and Linux professionals. All proceeds from this service go towards supporting the forums. Please PM Neo or email with any questions about this service. Promotion A: $99 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

The UNIX and Linux Job Board is a service provided by the The UNIX and Linux Forums to help employers connect with UNIX and Linux professionals. All proceeds from this service go towards supporting the forums. Please PM Neo or email with any questions about this service. Promotion A: $99 ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

0 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

how to post questions in different forums.

Hi, Am unable to post questions in Shell programming and scripting forum, or any please advice, the message am getting is user not have enough previlage to do the action like this type of message was displayed. Regards, azum. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azumthulla
1 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I no longer see shortcut links to the top forums when looking at a post

I follow the admin's invitation to comment on the new site. I noticed that I no longer see the links to four top forums (Programming, Unix for advanced users, shell programming, ...) once I entered a forum, or further reading a thread. These links were very handy returning back to the forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: migurus
1 Replies
DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)					      Debconf						 DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)

NAME
debconf-set-selections - insert new default values into the debconf database SYNOPSIS
debconf-set-selections file debconf-get-selections | ssh newhost debconf-set-selections DESCRIPTION
debconf-set-selections can be used to pre-seed the debconf database with answers, or to change answers in the database. Each question will be marked as seen to prevent debconf from asking the question interactively. Reads from a file if a filename is given, otherwise from stdin. WARNING
Only use this command to seed debconf values for packages that will be or are installed. Otherwise you can end up with values in the database for uninstalled packages that will not go away, or with worse problems involving shared values. It is recommended that this only be used to seed the database if the originating machine has an identical install. DATA FORMAT
The data is a series of lines. Lines beginning with a # character are comments. Blank lines are ignored. All other lines set the value of one question, and should contain four values, each separated by one character of whitespace. The first value is the name of the package that owns the question. The second is the name of the question, the third value is the type of this question, and the fourth value (through the end of the line) is the value to use for the answer of the question. Alternatively, the third value can be "seen"; then the preseed line only controls whether the question is marked as seen in debconf's database. Note that preseeding a question's value defaults to marking that question as seen, so to override the default value without marking a question seen, you need two lines. Lines can be continued to the next line by ending them with a "" character. EXAMPLES
# Force debconf priority to critical. debconf debconf/priority select critical # Override default frontend to readline, but allow user to select. debconf debconf/frontend select readline debconf debconf/frontend seen false OPTIONS
--verbose, -v verbose output --checkonly, -c only check the input file format, do not save changes to database SEE ALSO
debconf-get-selections(1) (available in the debconf-utils package) AUTHOR
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> 2011-06-22 DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)