Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find the time taken for a script to run? Post 302089206 by mercy on Monday 18th of September 2006 05:14:18 AM
Old 09-18-2006
you mast set time_end after ending of script body.
for example
Code:
#!/bin/sh
time_start=`date '+%T%t%d_%h_06'`
echo "$time_start"

script body

time_end=`date '+%T%t%d_%h_06'`
echo "$time_end"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Preventing script to run at the same time.

I have a script, myscript.pl I want to set the script to exit if it is already running. At the moment I am using soft stop. eg: if -e dummy file then exit else create a dummy file Is there any other better way to perform this? Maybe ps -ef | egrep 'myscript.pl' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cronboss
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

run script in autosys at a specified time.

I have created a shell script. I want to run the script in Autosys. Please note my shell script runs as "$ ksh run.ksh" How do I make autosys run this script at 5:00PM every day? insert_job: abc job_type: c box_name: run.box command: ksh run.ksh machine: mach1 #owner: mach1@mymach... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gram77
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script at same time

Hi My five script run throgh crontab at same time at 6 clock. Due to problem in the data load .Now I want to check time of load finish run these jobs. I create a script which check the load finish time but I have no idea how I run these JObs. This is very urget to me. Please reply me as soon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamil Qadir
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script for given time

Hi! I need to run my script for a specific number of time, as specified by the user: For instance, if the user specified 10, my script should run for until 10 seconds expire. How do I do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

last run time of any script

how to find when last time a scrit has ran? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the run time based on log entries?

Shell script to find the run time based on log entries? Below is the log files content updated when the script test.sh runs. I would like to calculte the difference between first update time stamp and last update time stamp to find the run time of the script. The below log file shows the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailtopranesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time taken to run a SQL script

Hello I am asked to run around 5-6 SQL queries in a shell script and take a note of the time taken to execute each query to a file. How do I get the time taken to run the individual SQL queries (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a task in a script at a particular time

I have an ETL process that triggers a shell script. This script picks the files created by the ETL process and does an SFTP. These are huge files. Due to infrastructure limitations, we need to trigger the actual SFTP part only during the 2nd, 16th, 31st and 46th minute of an hour. Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to run in given time

Hi All, Would like to write a Script which will run between 11am to 3 pm and send the results to output.txt. Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
2 Replies
DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)						 1					      DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)

date_default_timezone_get - Gets the default timezone used by all date/time functions in a script

SYNOPSIS
string date_default_timezone_get (void ) DESCRIPTION
In order of preference, this function returns the default timezone by: o Reading the timezone set using the date_default_timezone_set(3) function (if any) o Prior to PHP 5.4.0 only: Reading the $TZ environment variable (if non empty) o Reading the value of the date.timezone ini option (if set) o Prior to PHP 5.4.0 only: Querying the host operating system (if supported and allowed by the OS). This uses an algorithm that has to guess the time- zone. This is by no means going to work correctly for every situation. A warning is shown when this stage is reached. Do not rely on it to be guessed correctly, and set date.timezone to the correct timezone instead. If none of the above succeed, date_default_timezone_get will return a default timezone of UTC. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The TZ environment variable is no longer used to | | | guess the timezone. | | | | | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The timezone is no longer guessed from informa- | | | tion available through the operating system as | | | the guessed timezone can not be relied on. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Getting the default timezone <?php date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London'); if (date_default_timezone_get()) { echo 'date_default_timezone_set: ' . date_default_timezone_get() . '<br />'; } if (ini_get('date.timezone')) { echo 'date.timezone: ' . ini_get('date.timezone'); } ?> The above example will output something similar to: date_default_timezone_set: Europe/London date.timezone: Europe/London Example #2 Getting the abbreviation of a timezone <?php date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles'); echo date_default_timezone_get() . ' => ' . date('e') . ' => ' . date('T'); ?> The above example will output: America/Los_Angeles => America/Los_Angeles => PST SEE ALSO
date_default_timezone_set(3), "List of Supported Timezones". PHP Documentation Group DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)