Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing SCREEN
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing SCREEN Post 302089160 by timkish on Sunday 17th of September 2006 10:03:38 PM
Old 09-17-2006
The following packages are available:

1 SMCscreen screen

(sparc) 4.0.2

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process

all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]: all

Processing package instance <SMCscreen> from </usr/screen/screen-4.0.2-sol8-sparc-local>

screen

(sparc) 4.0.2

Oliver Laumann

Using </usr/local> as the package base directory.

## Processing package information.

## Processing system information.

7 package pathnames are already properly installed.

## Verifying disk space requirements.

## Checking for conflicts with packages already installed.

## Checking for setuid/setgid programs.

The following files are being installed with setuid and/or setgid

permissions:

/usr/local/bin/screen-4.0.2 <setuid bin>

Do you want to install these as setuid/setgid files [y,n,?,q] n

Do you want to continue with the installation of <SMCscreen> [y,n,?] y

cd /usr/local/bin
chown root:bla screen-4.0.2
chmod 4750 screen-4.0.2 sets owner sticky
Bla is group you want to run screen. Set other for all.

It should worky Smilie
-TK

Last edited by timkish; 09-18-2006 at 12:53 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Errors installing Screen 4.0.2

I tried to install and use Screen4.0.2 for SunOS 5.8. WHen I go to execute screen it tries to start it, but shows a quick error: ttyn: Permission denied. and then... Sorry, could not find a PTY. Does anyone know what I might have done wrong? How can I get screen to work? Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

2. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies
DH_BUGFILES(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_BUGFILES(1)

NAME
dh_bugfiles - install bug reporting customization files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_bugfiles [-A] [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_bugfiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing bug reporting customization files (bug scripts and/or bug control files and/or presubj files) into package build directories. FILES
debian/package.bug-script This is the script to be run by the bug reporting program for generating a bug report template. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package in the package build directory if no other types of bug reporting customization files are going to be installed for the package in question. Otherwise, this file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/script. Finally, the installed script is given execute permissions. debian/package.bug-control It is the bug control file containing some directions for the bug reporting tool. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/control in the package build directory. debian/package.bug-presubj The contents of this file are displayed to the user by the bug reporting tool before allowing the user to write a bug report on the package to the Debian Bug Tracking System. This file is installed as usr/share/bug/package/presubj in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install debian/bug-* files to ALL packages acted on when respective debian/package.bug-* files do not exist. Normally, debian/bug-* will be installed to the first package only. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers.gz debhelper(1) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_BUGFILES(1)