Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming after executing execvp()... program hangs up Post 302089159 by Crab on Sunday 17th of September 2006 09:50:38 PM
Old 09-17-2006
Sorry for the Typo...but i hav commented the open()

BTW it wasnt giving any system error...dunno kno how Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allowing a script to continue executing when a command hangs

Hello all, I'm writing a script in c-shell that, among other things, queries information from another system. Is there a graceful way I can continue execution of the script if that query command(rup) causes the script to hang? Thanks much! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkinney
5 Replies

2. Programming

executing a program within a program

Read the title: how do i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gekko
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a Java Program

I am entirely new to shell scripting and would like to create a script to execute a java program called Main. I've already compiled it and placed the .java and .class files at /root/javaTest. Next I made a shell script that simply contained: java /root/javaTest/Main . I made the script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hypnotic_meat
2 Replies

4. Programming

popen hangs program during cmd execution

How can I get around this? when my program reaches the following popen job it halts the program until the ping/netstat/ipconfig/traceroute is completed then resume to the rest of the program... FILE *in; extern FILE *popen(); char buff; char newline; char nstat; char nping; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing WIN32OLE program

Hello, Please help me out to execute this perl program: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Win32::OLE qw(in with); use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3; # die on errors... # get already active Excel application or open new my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing a different program

What system calls or commands do I need to use in order to execute a different program from an already running process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justOne21
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a message if program hangs(takes too long)

I have a ksh script (script1) that calls another ksh script (script2). If script2.ksh hangs or takes too long to execute I want script1.ksh to kill the call to script2.ksh and instead just display "Script2 can't run right now". Could someone help me with coding this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
1 Replies

8. Programming

Error in executing the C program

Hello Friends, I have written a code for the unisex bathroom which makes a policy that when a woman is in the bathroom only other women may enter, but not men, and vice versa. This program consists of four functions which a user defines but these functions are not properly working while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Tej
4 Replies

9. Programming

Program Hangs

I have two programs, DriverScale.c and scale9.c. DriverScale.c calls scale 9.c which sends a W and a carraige return to the scale which SHOULD return the weight to DriverScale. However scale 9 hangs for at least 10 min, and then finally returns the weight. Compilation: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
8 Replies

10. Programming

Fork and Execvp Not Executing Bash Commands From C correctly.

I had been looking at page 75 of this online book: http://richard.esplins.org/static/downloads/linux_book.pdf I've used the system function in C to call bash commands before, but wanted to learn this way too. The solution in the book worked perfectly. However, I tried changing the simple "ls -l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
3 Replies
NE_SET_USERAGENT(3)						neon API reference					       NE_SET_USERAGENT(3)

NAME
ne_set_useragent, ne_set_read_timeout, ne_set_connect_timeout, ne_get_scheme, ne_get_server_hostport - common properties for HTTP sessions SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_session.h> void ne_set_useragent(ne_session *session, const char *product); void ne_set_read_timeout(ne_session *session, int timeout); void ne_set_connect_timeout(ne_session *session, int timeout); const char *ne_get_scheme(ne_sesssion *session); const char *ne_get_server_hostport(ne_sesssion *session); DESCRIPTION
The User-Agent request header is used to identify the software which generated the request for statistical or debugging purposes. neon does not send a User-Agent header unless a call is made to the ne_set_useragent. ne_set_useragent must be passed a product string conforming to RFC2616's product token grammar; of the form "Product/Version". When neon reads from a socket, by default the read operation will time out after 60 seconds, and the request will fail giving an NE_TIMEOUT error. To configure this timeout interval, call ne_set_read_timeout giving the desired number of seconds as the timeout parameter. When a connection is being established to a server, normally only the system's TCP timeout handling will apply. To configure a specific (and probably shorter) timeout, the ne_set_connect_timeout can be used, giving the desired number of seconds as the timeout parameter. If 0 is passed, then the default behaviour of using the system TCP timeout will be used. The scheme used to initially create the session will be returned by ne_get_scheme. The hostport pair with which the session is associated will be returned by the ne_get_server_hostport; for example www.example.com:8080. Note that the :port will be omitted if the default port for the scheme is used. EXAMPLES
Set a user-agent string: ne_session *sess = ne_session_create(...); ne_set_useragent(sess, "MyApplication/2.1"); Set a 30 second read timeout: ne_session *sess = ne_session_create(...); ne_set_read_timeout(sess, 30); SEE ALSO
ne_session_create, ne_set_session_flag. AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SET_USERAGENT(3)