Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why I don't get any output?
Top Forums Programming Why I don't get any output? Post 302089079 by wwwdev on Saturday 16th of September 2006 06:03:59 PM
Old 09-16-2006
Hi Sharmin,

the simple way is

Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    FILE *fp;
    char buf[256], *p;

if(argc < 2){
	printf("Bad command line\n");
	exit(1);
    }
    if(NULL == (fp = fopen(argv[1], "rt"))){
	printf("Can't open %s\n", argv[1]);
	exit(1);
    }
    for(;fgets(buf, 255, fp);){
	if(buf == strstr(buf, "model name")){
	    if(NULL != (p = strchr(buf, ':')))
		printf("%s\n", p + 1);
	    break;
	}
    }
    fclose(fp);

return 0;
}

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Don't allow to editing !!!

Hi All, Assume that there is file1 file,userA and userB have got read,write and execute permission for file1. when userA open file1, userB cant change(write,editing file etc...) content of file1. after userA exit of file1 , userB can change(write, editing file etc..). Shortly i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

2. Programming

std::cout and gfortran print*, don't output to the screen

I am not sure where to post this other than here. I am trying to figure out why an app gives different output when compiled under Ubuntu 10.10 and CentOS 5.5. I am pretty sure that the issue is that the Cent version has gcc 4.1 installed, while Ubuntu has gcc 4.4. I am trying to print from some... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX -/usr/bin/expect shows output Don't know why.

Hi, I have been programming with the expect program for a while now and have create a series of menu driven checks for the operations team. One thing I have noticed is that I call a remote script and pass parameters and this is display on the screen....for example. Within the script ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakky
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command don't output anything, but file is there

Please if You can help me debug why nothing is found by this command? # echo "Zeus Robot" >> /home/vps/190/test # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot # find /home/vps -type f -mtime 2 -size -1000k -exec grep -l "Zeus Robot" {} \; >> out # cat out # cat /home/vps/190/test Zeus Robot Why... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
show_os_cursor(3alleg4)                                           Allegro manual                                           show_os_cursor(3alleg4)

NAME
show_os_cursor - Low level function to display the operating system cursor. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int show_os_cursor(int cursor); DESCRIPTION
In case you do not need Allegro's mouse cursor API, which automatically emulates a cursor in software if no other cursor is available, you can use this low level function to try to display or hide the system cursor directly. The cursor parameter takes the same values as select_mouse_cursor. This function is very similar to calling enable_hardware_cursor, select_mouse_cursor and show_mouse, but will not try to do anything if no system cursor is available. The most common use for this function is to just call it once at the beginning of the program to tell it to display the system cursor inside the Allegro window. The return value can be used to see if this succeeded or not. On some systems (e.g. DirectX fullscreen) this is not supported and the function will always fail, and in other cases only some of the cursors will work, or in the case of MOUSE_CUR- SOR_ALLEGRO, only certain bitmap sizes may be supported. You never should use show_os_cursor together with the function show_mouse and other functions affecting it (select_mouse_cursor, enable_hardware_cursor, disable_hardware_cursor, scare_mouse, unscare_mouse). They implement the standard high level mouse API, and don't work together with this low level function. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 if a system cursor is being displayed after the function returns, or -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
show_mouse(3alleg4), set_mouse_cursor_bitmap(3alleg4), select_mouse_cursor(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 show_os_cursor(3alleg4)