Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ip address and subnet comparing Post 302089029 by ghostdog74 on Friday 15th of September 2006 08:53:50 PM
Old 09-15-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedora
subnet
---------
1.0.0.0/8
20.0.1.0/24

What I want is only picking up those ips belong to our group from tableA according to the subnet tableB
Can you explain more clearly what you want to do ? Is it you want to check whether values in tableA must be in those subnets in tableB? And, is tableB subnet values "static" and not changing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying IP Address/Gateway/Subnet in SCO Unix

Hi, I'm new to unix and have absolutely no experience with it. I am trying to change the network setting on the only computer on our network with SCO Unix. We switched ISP's and now have a new set of IP's. I can't for the life of me figure out how to go in and change these settings, please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
12 Replies

2. SCO

ACL for Subnet/IP address

I am trying to find out if you can create an ACL for telnet sessions and restrict it to a certain subnet/IP range.. any information or where to look would be greatly appreciated. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

How do I figure out the subnet?

Hi, How do I get subnet from this: 10.252.0.138/25 Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

6. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep IP address form a text file along with the subnet

I have an input file: class 1 3 5 10.10.10..0/23 hicks jimmy class 3 10.12.10.0/22 mike class.019283 10.10.15.10/20 henry gym.847585 45 192.168.10.0/22 nancy jim steve maya The output should look like this: 10.10.10..0/23 10.12.10.0/22 10.10.15.10/20 192.168.10.0/22 I have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all ip address from subnet mask

I have this subnet file shown below. How can I calculate all ip addresses from that list 103.22.200.0/22 141.101.64.0/18 10.0.0.0/22I need to be able to read the subnet file and print all IPs in those subnet to an out put file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)

NAME
ipsec_sameaddr, ipsec_addrcmp, ipsec_samesubnet, ipsec_addrinsubnet, ipsec_subnetinsubnet, ipsec_subnetishost, ipsec_samesaid, ipsec_sameaddrtype, ipsec_samesubnettype - do comparisons for addresses, subnets, SA IDs and address families SYNOPSIS
#include <freeswan.h> int sameaddr(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int addrcmp(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int addrinsubnet(const ip_address *a, const ip_subnet *s); int subnetinsubnet(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); int subnetishost(const ip_subnet *s); int samesaid(const ip_said *a, const ip_said *b); int sameaddrtype(const ip_address *a, const ip_address *b); int samesubnettype(const ip_subnet *a, const ip_subnet *b); DESCRIPTION
These functions do various comparisons and tests on the ip_address type and ip_subnet types. Sameaddr returns non-zero if addresses a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Addresses of different families are never identical. Addrcmp returns -1, 0, or 1 respectively if address a is less than, equal to, or greater than b. If they are not of the same address fam- ily, they are never equal; the ordering reported in this case is arbitrary (and probably not useful) but consistent. Samesubnet returns non-zero if subnets a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Subnets of different address families are never identical. Addrinsubnet returns non-zero if address a is within subnet s and 0 otherwise. An address is never within a subnet of a different address family. Subnetinsubnet returns non-zero if subnet a is a subset of subnet b and 0 otherwise. A subnet is deemed to be a subset of itself. A sub- net is never a subset of another subnet if their address families differ. Subnetishost returns non-zero if subnet s is in fact only a single host, and 0 otherwise. Samesaid returns non-zero if SA IDs a and b are identical, and 0 otherwise. Sameaddrtype returns non-zero if addresses a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. Samesubnettype returns non-zero if subnets a and b are of the same address family, and 0 otherwise. SEE ALSO
inet(3), ipsec_initaddr(3) HISTORY
Written for the FreeS/WAN project by Henry Spencer. 28 Nov 2000 IPSEC_SAMEADDR(3)