Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun 9
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sun 9 Post 302088872 by blowtorch on Friday 15th of September 2006 12:43:48 AM
Old 09-15-2006
Run iostat to find out which disk is busy. You can refer to this page for details on how to identify bottlenecks.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies
SIMPLIFY(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SIMPLIFY(1)

NAME
simplify - a script to simplify a MIME message SYNOPSIS
simplify [args ...] < message > othermessage DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the simplify command. simplify is a Perl script to simplify a MIME message. This script never loads the entire message into memory, but does dump it's entire contents to disk once. OPTIONS
mime=no Don't use MIME, no HTML mail allowed. testing=yes Run in testing mode (suppress randonmess) saveall=yes Save all attachments to files. temp=/path/to/working/dir/ Defaults to /tmp. url=http://box/path/ URL-prefix for printing paths to attachments header=text... Text preceding the attachment URL list. textsig=/path/to/file Text signature to append to text parts. htmlsig=/path/to/file HTML signature to append to HTML parts. If "saveall" is yes, then the script will save all attachments to disk so people can access their contents later. If an URL is specified then that automatically implies "saveall=yes". Without this, the default behavior is to only save text and html parts, and delete them and all working directories when the script is finished. SEE ALSO
sanitizer(1). More info on configuration: /usr/share/doc/sanitizer/sanitizer.html AUTHOR
Bjarni R. Einarsson <bre@klaki.net> This manual page was written by Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <agi@agi.as> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). May 14, 2003 SIMPLIFY(1)