Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix shell script couldn't be executed. Pls help! Post 302088816 by hnhegde on Thursday 14th of September 2006 02:03:41 PM
Old 09-14-2006
Check if ksh is in /bin directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script doesn't get executed using crontab

I have the following crontab entry to run a shell script for every 30 minutes of every day: 30 * * * * $HOME/main.sh > $HOME/main.log 2>$HOME/error.log after I created the crontab file I have also done: $crontab my_crontab I also check to make sure it exists, by using the following... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
11 Replies

2. AIX

Help - Need simple example of VI executed in shell script

Please help - I have seen others ask this question but I need a simple example of using vi in a shell script. Once I enter VI the shell script does not execute the next commands until I q!. I invoke VI and start the edit process. I want to go to the third line and replace a character with a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: corsart
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell script executed with error

Hi, need help, I would like to know what is this IF statement trying to do? When the script is executing and error out with line 9 which is the IF statement line. if ] then TOPDIR=$(pwd) else TOPDIR=${0%/*} fi TOPDIR=${TOPDIR%/*} the log file. Current system time is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: beooi
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with shell script executed by php.

I made a shell script to execute a server in screen mode. # start server screen -d -m -S Test ./application echo "Program Started Successfully" than I'm executing it from php by echo shell_exec('/home/script.sh'); and it is giving me this error. "cannot make directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmallia
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script

Hi, I am having a shell script which has a while loop as shown below. while do sleep 60 done I am executing this script from Informatica ETL tool command task from where we can execute UNIX commands/scripts. When i do that, i am seeing 2 processes getting started for one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not getting executed

Hi As per my requirement when I run . ./file.sh am getting the following error -bash:ELF: command not found when i execute as ./file.sh it is getting executed.How to resolve this. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pracheth
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple shell scripts executed in one script

Hi every one, i am new to shell script. my people given a task to write a shell script that should execute number of shell scripts in that. in that, if any shell script is failed to execute, we have to run the main script again, but the script should start execute from the failed script only.. it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)