Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a helping hand --stuck in starting of this problm. Post 302088779 by dsravan on Thursday 14th of September 2006 11:15:13 AM
Old 09-14-2006
Anbu,

Can you please explain your script?

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a hand. Please?

i have a script in sh. with awk, e.g. want to list all the contents of a subdirectory an a tabular way. ej: outoput directory1 subdirectory1 subdirectory2 subdirectory3 file1 filen file2 filez file2 ... filen+1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

helping new Linux users remotely ?

I volunteer with a small charity which locally donates refurbished computers to people who normally could not afford their own computer. Most of these computers now have Linux on them. We are in the process of remastering Xubuntu 9.04 to use as our main distro from now on. In the past any time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Helping in parsing subset of text from a big results file

Hi All, I need some help to effectively parse out a subset of results from a big results file. Below is an example of the text file. Each block that I need to parse starts with "reading sequence file 10.codon" (next block starts with another number) and ends with **p-Value(s)**. I have given... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut operation is not helping me much

hi, i have a file where I want to extract the the failure count only from the file. JOB_NAME STATE RUN_COUNT FAILURE_COUNT ------------------------------ --------------- ---------- ------------- OFS_BALA_BILLING_IN SCHEDULED 22992 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge left hand strings mapping to different right hand strings

Hello, I am working on an Urdu to Hindi dictionary which has the following structure: a=b a=c n=d n=q and so on. i.e. Headword separated from gloss by a = I am giving below a live sample بتا=बता بتا=बित्ता بتا=बुत्ता بتان=बतान بتان=बितान بتانا=बिताना I need the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Helping a Newbie with Shell Homework

Good Evening, i got a homework where i have to list all files in the directory with the name length >=3 and <= 6 and after trying it for 2 days my Prof gave me a bit of code: #!/bin/bash for file in $(ls) do done after that he told me "now you only have to use wc and you got it" but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mentoss
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)