Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HELP me PLS... Simple Scripting! Post 302088754 by Dhruva on Thursday 14th of September 2006 09:50:25 AM
Old 09-14-2006
Can you just tell us what exactly you want to do.What i understood is you want to check for "profile" if "resource_name" is 'FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS'
and "limit" is 3.
like: is that what you want?
Code:
PROFILE     RESOURCE_NAME            RESOURCE     LIMIT
 -------------------------------------------------------------    
ABC       FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS   PASSWORD      3

then
Code:
select * from dba_profiles where resource_name like 'FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS' and limit='3'
order by profile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

any tutorials on simple scripting?

i'm not looking for anything that deals with "if-then" scripts. i'd like something simple on how to run a series of processes. for example the following: 1. ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/ 2. lcd / 3. get pkgsrc.tar.gz 4. bye 5. cd /usr 6. rm -rf pkgsrc 7. cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple scripting question

I am new to scropting and I am just trying to work on a few simple things.... Using sh I want to do something similar to the follwoing run a simple command like a dig then I want it to get the server that it is authorotative and return it to me saying somehting like xx.xx is authorotative. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX

can someone pls help me with the script for a files coming from one system to a particular directory and i want to write a script to move those files to another directory on different system by renaming the files... pls someone help me on this... thanking in anticipation.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thatiprashant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP PLS!! Shell Scripting!!

Dear All, forgive me as i am a complete beginner in shell scripting in UNIX. I have a file with data similair to the following 8 McDonalds Sandwich 1.99 9 Mcdonalds Fries 1.20 13 McDonalds Milkshake 1.20 7 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary_xxx
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi..all..pls...help..!!..profile scripting..

hi.. I want to customize a user in unix which could have only ftp access and NO TELNET ACCESS! ..... As being a newbie to unix to my understanding the user .profile has to be edited but if someone can explain how to edit it so that i can block telnet access for that user.....Is /etc/profile has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pls help me in scripting

i want to write a script that if the time is 8 then it give a message that the time is 8 and if it is 9-10 then it gives a message that time to go to office like that. can any one help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Scripting Problem

Hi there, I was trying to add a line of text in the middle line of a file. I have counted the lines in the file, and then I divide it into 2, after that I am stuck on how am I suppose to append the line on that file? When I tried to use this command 'second line >> filename' it appends it at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple program but problem-pls Help

Hi All, I have problem in the following shell script (problem in 2and3 line i guess) #!/bin/sh set value1 = 90; set value2 = 70; if ; then echo "$value1 is normal" else echo "$value2 is abnormal" fi when executed output: $ value_test.sh (Enter) is abnormal Neither it's printing... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple scripting.

echo "what is your username?" read username echo $username echo /home/$username $backup="backup" $restore="restore" # # if then echo "No username provided" else echo "hi $username would you like to backup or restore?" read userrequest echo $userrequest if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EwanD
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting : pls help me

I have an input file in this format (shown below). I have to select the lines which doesnt followed by 'miR-" and to save such lines into an output file. For easy identification they are shown here in blue color. They have to be selected. Pls. help me to write a shell script to select those lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
5 Replies
gm_profile(1grass)						Grass User's Manual						gm_profile(1grass)

NAME
gm_profile - PROFILE TOOL (gis.m) PROFILE TOOL (gis.m) PROFILE TOOL (gis.m) The Profile Tool will draw a 2-dimensional profile of the surface of any raster map. The profile will be calculated along a transect line, drawn with a mouse on a map display. The transect line can be a simple line (i.e., with only a beginning and ending node) or a complex polyline (i.e., with multiple segments, delineated by multiple nodes). Using the Profile Tool The Profile Tool is started by clicking on the profile button () on the toolbar of a map display window. 1 Click the map button on the Profile Tool toolbar to select a raster map to profile. The map to profile can be different from the one displayed. 2 Click the transect button to begin drawing a transect to profile with a mouse the current map display (i.e., the map display from which you launched the Profile Tool). Draw by holding down the left button to make a "rubber-band" line for each segment of the transect. A transect can have a single, straight segment or multiple segment. There is no need to "end" the drawing. The Profile Tool will profile the drawn transect at any time. You can also extend an existing transect and draw a profile of the new transect. 3 Click the profile button to create the profile. The profile extends from left to right in the profile display. The horizontal (x-axis) scale represents the total distance along the tran- sect to be profiled. Vertical lines mark each node on a multi-segment transect and show the total distance along the transect to the node. The vertical (y-axis) scale is in units of the map that is being profiled. All scaling and axis labels are created automatically, and can- not be changed by the user. • The erase button will erase the current transect and profile. • The save button will save the profile to an Encapsulated PostScript (.eps) file. SEE ALSO
gis.m manual gis.m: ANIMATION TOOL gis.m: GEORECTIFY TOOL d.profile d.geodesic d.rhumbline m.cogo r.profile r.transect AUTHORS
Michael Barton, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA Hamish Bowman, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand Last changed: $Date: 2009-09-12 17:51:39 +0200 (Sat, 12 Sep 2009) $ Full index GRASS 6.4.2 gm_profile(1grass)