Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: while loop from list
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting while loop from list Post 302088633 by forever_49ers on Wednesday 13th of September 2006 03:33:05 PM
Old 09-13-2006
awesome, thanks.

Since I am new to this, would it be possible to explain what this command does step by step ?

thanks
Steffen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use file as list in for loop...

Can I use a file as the list in a for loop? I tried it like this: workstation=( $(cat /home/me/file) ) for ws in $workstation do command done The contents of file are like: abc def ghi It only read the initial line. Does each item have to be quoted? Do they have to all be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List & While Loop

I want to store a set of string values in a 1-D array and then iterate the list by using a loop. Please help this dummy:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngagemaniac
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying list of backup files using for loop

Hi, I want to display list of last 10 backup files (with numbering) from the temporary file c:/tmp/tmp_list_bkp.txt Example : 1) backup_file1 2) backup_file2 3) backup_file3 ........ ........ I tried as below but not working. for file in c:/tmp/tmp_list_bkp.txt do echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For Loop for a list of tab delimited variables

Hello, I need to run a command for a set of input variables that are present in a tab delimited file, a sample of which is shown below: 1 3749 1 4129 1 5980 2 6201 2 9925 2 6894 3 1338 3 6477 3 6242 3 3632 Every row represents the two input values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop(Iterate) through List with foreach(csh)

Hey all,, I know cshell is harmful:) but I am using this just "to know" - for educational purposes!... not for a long-term use. lets say i have a list.. set arr=(x y z e f) I wanna iterate the list with foreach ,, not with while.!! foreach i $arr echo $i end does not work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Iterate/Loop Through XML Node List

I need to load an XML file and loop through a list of nodes in it to execute a shell script for each one using the attributes for each node as parameters for the script. Any ideas? Any help will be much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bradlecat
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp list of files using FOR LOOP in ksh

hi i want to scp files from remote server B to my local server A... and i have a file containing list of all files to be scped from remote server B there is a passwordless connectivity set between remote server and my local server. need a ksh script.. with a for loop that goes through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Loop to Convert a list from an input file and output it to another file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A) Write a script, which will take input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade to Fahrenheit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AliTheSnake
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop a file containing list of file names until the files are found?

Hi, I have a control file which will contain all filenames(300) files. Loop through all the file names in the control files and check the existence of this file in another directory(same server). I need to infinitely(2 hrs) run this while loop until all the files are found. Once a file is found,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient way to loop through list

i have a variable that contains a list of files: varA="/var/tmp/hello_0_myapp /var/tmp/mello_1_myapp /var/tmp/jello_2_myapp /var/tmp/fello_3_myapp" And i'm calling this variable in several functions: col0 () { FILE=$(echo "${varA}" | egrep "_0_myapp" | sed "s~_0_myapp~~g")... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
AWESOMERC(5)															      AWESOMERC(5)

NAME
awesomerc - Configuration file for the awesome window manager SYNOPSIS
awesome looks for a configuration file in this order: o $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/awesome/rc.lua o $HOME/.config/awesome/rc.lua o XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/awesome/rc.lua DESCRIPTION
The rc.lua file contains configuration information for awesome. It can be used to configure the behavior and look of awesome in a variety of ways. It can be assimilated as a Lua program/script run at startup by awesome. Therefore, it should use the awesome Lua API described in the API section. This file is read at startup. AWESOME LUA API
Documentation for the Lua API can be found in the luadoc directory. COLORS FORMAT
The color format in awesome is either a standard X color name (blue, darkblue, lightred, etc) or a hexadecimal formatted color (#rrggbb or #rrggbbaa). By using the hexadecimal format, you can also specify an alpha channel: that means that #00ff00 will draw pure green, but #00ff00aa will set the alpha channel to 'aa' and will blend the green with the color under it. TEXT FORMAT
You can use Pango markup in a text string. This allows formating the text rendered inside widgets. Pango markup documentation can be found in the Pango documentation at http://library.gnome.org/devel/pango/stable/PangoMarkupFormat.html. A Pango markup example: <span weight="bold" foreground="#336699">...</span>. SEE ALSO
awesome(1) awesome-client(1) AUTHORS
Written by Julien Danjou <julien@danjou.info[1]>. WWW
http://awesome.naquadah.org NOTES
1. julien@danjou.info mailto:julien@danjou.info 07/16/2012 AWESOMERC(5)