Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: number pad in vi
Operating Systems Solaris number pad in vi Post 302088446 by c19h28O2 on Tuesday 12th of September 2006 11:53:18 AM
Old 09-12-2006
Hi,

unfortunately that doesn't work, if i use :set all i get these options?

noautoindent number tabstop=8
autoprint nonovice taglength=0
noautowrite nooptimize tags=tags /usr/lib/tags
nobeautify paragraphs=IPLPPPQPP LIpplpipnpbterm=xterm
directory=/tmp prompt noterse
noedcompatible noreadonly timeout=1
noerrorbells redraw ttytype=xterm
noexrc remap warn
flash report=5 window=58
hardtabs=8 scroll=29 wrapscan
noignorecase sections=NHSHH HUuhsh+c wrapmargin=0
nolisp shell=/bin/ksh nowriteany
nolist shiftwidth=8 nofullre
magic noshowmatch norecompat
mesg noshowmode posixsh=/bin/ksh
nomodelines noslowopen

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

number pad?

Is there anyway to use the fr*$%& number pad in VI? Anyway? Anyway at all? All it does now random movements and inserts of characters (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonenzo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pad spaces

Hello, I have to write a function to input a Label and a number, and output a line as the following format: Column 1 to 30: field label, left justified. Column 31 to 45: A number, right justified. The middle is padded with space. May I know how can I achieve this? (I don't know how to count... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahho
3 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.2 number pad

I have a keyboard that the number pad will not work. I cannot find the location of the configuration file to get it to work. I have to say, I have not tried another keyboard as my location is remote. Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esimeroth
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad zeros to a number

Pad zeros to a number and assign it to a variable like i get 1 in $i ,i want it to be $i as 01 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad

Hi All I need a pad a . to befoure a last digi ex 1258 --> 125.8 help to do thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalakaatslt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request: How to Parse dynamic SQL query to pad extra columns to match the fixed number of columns

Hello All, I have a requirement in which i will be given a sql query as input in a file with dynamic number of columns. For example some times i will get 5 columns, some times 8 columns etc up to 20 columns. So my requirement is to generate a output query which will have 20 columns all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pad 0 to the right

I need to pad 0 to a number on the right. to make it 9 digit in total. My number is 2457 output should be 245700000 Please do wrap your samples/codes into CODE TAGS as per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
3 Replies
RESIZE(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    RESIZE(1)

NAME
resize - set environment and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [ -u | -c ] [ -s [ row col ] ] DESCRIPTION
Resize prints a shell command for setting the appropriate environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm window from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the following alias could be defined in the user's .cshrc: % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that don't have command functions will need to send the output to a tempo- rary file and then read it back in with the "." command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out Resize determines the user's current shell by first checking if $SHELL is set, and using that. Otherwise it determines the user's shell by looking in the password file. Generally Bourne-shell variants (including ksh) do not modify $SHELL, so it is possible for resize to be confused if one runs resize from a Bourne shell spawned from a C shell. OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: -u This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/sh. -c This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/csh. -s [rows columns] This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the VT100-style xterm escape codes. If rows and columns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. Note that the Sun console escape sequences are recognized by XFree86 xterm and by dtterm. The resize program may be installed as sunsize, which causes makes it assume the -s option. The rows and columns arguments must appear last; though they are normally associated with the -s option, they are parsed separately. FILES
/etc/termcap for the base termcap entry to modify. ~/.cshrc user's alias for the command. ENVIRONMENT
TERM set to "xterm" if not already set. TERMCAP variable set on systems using termcap COLUMNS, LINES variables set on systems using terminfo SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(7) for a complete copyright notice. X Window System RESIZE(1)