Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing font and color in log file of Script Post 302088417 by Dhruva on Tuesday 12th of September 2006 08:26:34 AM
Old 09-12-2006
there is escape sequence defined which can be used with echo
Code:
\033[0m Normal characters
\033[1m  Bold
\033[4m   underlined
\033[5m  Blinking
\033[7m  Reverse video

copy below lines into script and redirect output to file.
Code:
echo "\033[1m this a bold message\033[0m"
echo this is a normal message
echo "again normal"
echo "\033[1m again bold\033[0m"
echo "\033[7m reverse set ok\033[0m"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing font in script

I'm trying to figure out how to change the font or color of output in the middle of a shell script. I can't find anything that tells me how to do that. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MDyer18
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Font Color Change Using .profile

Does anyone know how can I change font color, background color etc for a particular user using .profile? Any help is appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fifo_vs_lifo23
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the font or color of text

Hi Gurus, I have a small requirement where i want to change the color & font of some text in a file. i have a file error.txt which will be created in the script using egrep. After that iam adding these lines at head & tail to that file using the following code awk 'BEGIN{print"Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying font type and color in a shell script

Hi, I am new to shell script. Can you please tell me, whether can we specify font type and color in a shell script? If so, how to do this? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vani_Govind
4 Replies

5. Programming

changing text color in c

I'm writing my own Unix ls command in c and I was wondering if anyone knows how to or can point me to a tutorial that shows me how to change the text color of the filename depending on if it's a directory, regular file, linked file, etc..., like the real ls command does? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change color or font when executing a script

I'm writing a simple menu script and I would like to output the whole script using background color: black AND foreground color:white. Meaning if the ssh terminal of a user is set to green for example, it will change to my desired color when menu script is executed. Once the script is exited, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

font color in script

i am using ubuntu 11.04 and i just finished writing a shell script but i was wanting to know if their is a way to change the font color of just one sentence? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotshot247
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set font color for STDIN,STDOUT and STDERR?

I want to differentiate the STDOUT and STDERR messages in my terminal . If a script or command is printing a message in terminal I want to differentiate by colors, Is it possible ? Example: $date Wed Jul 27 12:36:50 IST 2011 $datee bash: datee: command not found $alias ls alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with changing font size in konsole

I created a very very basic script that opens multiple konsole terminals when I run the script which essentially sshs into a jump box into the end device and tails some logs etc etc. A few of the konsoles run scripts where the default font size is too big and the lines are cut off. Which I would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NiCe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail with font color change

Hi All, I have a file that contains following entries. I want to highlight the line that has word as "FAILURE" while sending the email. File ------------------------------------------------------------ Job Name: ABC Start Time: 07/20/2019 07:32:39 End Time: 07/20/2019... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
4 Replies
LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)						 1					      LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)

Locale::getDisplayScript - Returns an appropriately localized display name for script of the input locale

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic string Locale::getDisplayScript (string $locale, [string $in_locale]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style string locale_get_display_script (string $locale, [string $in_locale]) Returns an appropriately localized display name for script of the input locale. If is NULL then the default locale is used. PARAMETERS
o $locale - The locale to return a display script for o $in_locale - Optional format locale to use to display the script name RETURN VALUES
Display name of the script for the $locale in the format appropriate for $in_locale. EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_get_display_script(3) example <?php echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'en'); echo "; "; echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'fr'); echo "; "; echo locale_get_display_script('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'de'); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'en'); echo "; "; echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'fr'); echo "; "; echo Locale::getDisplayScript('sl-Latn-IT-nedis', 'de'); ?> The above example will output: Latin; latin; Lateinisch SEE ALSO
locale_get_display_name(3), locale_get_display_language(3), locale_get_display_region(3), locale_get_display_variant(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_GET_DISPLAY_SCRIPT(3)