Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Another lame 'vi' question...... Post 302088336 by Yinzer955i on Monday 11th of September 2006 01:20:00 PM
Old 09-11-2006
MySQL Anyone lame 'vi' question......

This is a long shot, but there are many bright folks on here Smilie

My next vi drama involves a using a prototype file for a makefile. I have an old prototype file but its not in correct format. It's formated as:

/the/old/path/file1 <garbage> <garbage>
/the/old/path/file2 <garbage> <garbage>

I'm trying to format it into:
f none /the/old/path/file1=../../the/old/path/file1 777 user group

I've made a copy of the old file, removed <garbage> and whitespaces, and got everything I need left of the "=". Now I'm looking for a quick way to get the right side of the "=" formated correctly.

Any help is appreciated Smilie

Last edited by Yinzer955i; 09-11-2006 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: too tired to type

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lame question

i have one stupid question... so please don't laught at me :-) actually i have linux on my pc, but i want to install a solaris... i heard that solaris is not free, but my friend said that there is a free solaris dostridution in gnu licence... is it real? if yes where can i get it? if no -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lame php question

When do PHP variables/objects vanish? Say, I have a database structure in index.php, I called connect(). Then I sent the user another page, say index2.php. Should I create a fresh database structure and call connect() again, or is there a way around this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete original wav file if lame was successful encoding.

In a bash script: src=”cooltrack.wav” dst=”cooltrack.mp3” lame $src $dst I would like to add some line that would delete the source wav file like: rm $src but I would like this only if the encoding was successful. What should I include before deleting the original to check that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Protocol Jokes (Lame)

I have a UDP joke but i don't know if you will get it: Also, I have a TCP joke and i know you will get it. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TUX servers
2 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xzdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp(1) or diff(1). If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported compression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp(1) or diff(1) is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2010-09-27 XZDIFF(1)