Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: figure it out
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers figure it out Post 302088330 by amro1 on Monday 11th of September 2006 12:49:08 PM
Old 09-11-2006
Here...

Get "UNIX Essentials and UNIX Core" DVD course, get "UNIX for dummies" book

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i can not figure this out

I am having problems scripting in UNIX. I am currently attending school and for the first time I am being introduced to scripting. My problem is I am supposed to enhance the spell_check by adding a third optional argument. The third argument is to specify a list of words to be added to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steph
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't figure out else not matching

All, I appreciate any help you can provide on this. I get an "else unmatched" error with this code and can't figure out why. If I remove the 1st if statement through the 1st else the script runs through fine. Any thoughts? #decrypt file sudo -u gpg /usr/bin/gpg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peteroc
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant figure out this..

Hi, I need a little help here. I am exporting user info from a PSQL database and everything is working with the exception of this: 10029008:dsAuthMethodStandard\:dsAuthClearText:classword:10029008:2004:10029008:10029008:/home/student/1002/90/08:10029008 It is putting a colon right before the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stud33
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

How do I figure out the subnet?

Hi, How do I get subnet from this: 10.252.0.138/25 Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to figure out the logic for this problem

Hello, i am on 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp i have directory named /home , and in there i have directory 2009_10_10 and two files : 2009_10_10.log and 2009_10_11.log How to write shell script which will delete only file/s that don't have his/their 'parent' directory, so in this case , only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to figure out what each IP address is used for?

Hi, I have inherited a server at work that has one IP and two virtual IP's. It is live and I want to figure out what each IP is being used for. I thought of NETSTAT but I cannot figure out how to get it to list what each IP is listening for. ANy advice? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't figure out how this is working

I have two machines, each with a virtual interface, with the following configurations: Machine1: eth2 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:09:6B:19:E5:05 inet addr:172.16.0.201 Bcast:172.16.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 eth2:0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:09:6B:19:E5:05 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't figure this one out --

I'm putting together a shell script while I'm learning UNIX -- just for myself. It's a little script that simply takes some vendor names and writes them to a file. So far I'm at the stage where the user enters the name of the file and places it in a folder called vendorlists: * ) touch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't figure out why this repeats

#!/bin/sh while IFS=: read address port; do : ${port:=443} address=$address port=$port cd $f_location number=`grep "$address" thing.txt -A 1 | grep "addresses=" | cut -d'"' -f2` echo "$address,$port,$number,$answer" >>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade917
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies
IO::Socket::UNIX(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   IO::Socket::UNIX(3perl)

NAME
IO::Socket::UNIX - Object interface for AF_UNIX domain sockets SYNOPSIS
use IO::Socket::UNIX; DESCRIPTION
"IO::Socket::UNIX" provides an object interface to creating and using sockets in the AF_UNIX domain. It is built upon the IO::Socket interface and inherits all the methods defined by IO::Socket. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [ARGS] ) Creates an "IO::Socket::UNIX" object, which is a reference to a newly created symbol (see the "Symbol" package). "new" optionally takes arguments, these arguments are in key-value pairs. In addition to the key-value pairs accepted by IO::Socket, "IO::Socket::UNIX" provides. Type Type of socket (eg SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM) Local Path to local fifo Peer Path to peer fifo Listen Create a listen socket If the constructor is only passed a single argument, it is assumed to be a "Peer" specification. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE As of VERSION 1.18 all IO::Socket objects have autoflush turned on by default. This was not the case with earlier releases. NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE METHODS
hostpath() Returns the pathname to the fifo at the local end peerpath() Returns the pathanme to the fifo at the peer end SEE ALSO
Socket, IO::Socket AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perl5-porters@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1996-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 IO::Socket::UNIX(3perl)