Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO / partition is mounted but not present in mount Post 302088294 by npn35 on Monday 11th of September 2006 09:47:03 AM
Old 09-11-2006
The problem was due to a corrupted /dev/null device .
/dev/null was a regular file instead of a device .
I generated it with mknod command .
I restarted the server and now it works .

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Remote mount an already mounted nfs filesystem

Hello all, We're using JET to build our systems.. I'm in the process of needing to build a centrally located JET box with access to all our networks rather that 2 or 3 dotted around. Part of the means I need to locate the boot & OS images on an NFS mount (via NETAPP filer).. However in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
1 Replies

3. Solaris

swap partition showing mounted in df -h

Dear All Anyone can help me what is the problem of swap partition? swap partition is showing mounted in df -h command output. Regards prakash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display partition name on mounted on using this script

Hi All Guys.... root> df -k|grep /u0 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u02vol 12582912 8717924 3744252 70% /u02 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u01vol 8796160 5563610 3131556 64% /u01 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u04vol 10035200 1247888 8519534 13% /u04 /dev/vx/dsk/oradg/u03vol 12582912 2524060 9744542 21% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount points are already mounted

Hi, I have some issue with the mounting/unmounting on my sun solaris box. Actually their is one script that mount the file system take the backup of databases and unmount the file system.Last week this script failed to mount the file system with the below error message: + echo fs_check.sh:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biju.mp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to check if mounted, and mount if not

I'd like to make a wrapper bash script that will make sure that an nfs mount is mounted before launching a program that depends on the mount being active. Basically: 1) Check to see if the mount is active 2) If it's not active, try to mount it 3) If it won't mount because the nfs server is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to edit files present in mounted directory

I had mount from server A to server B. I am able to access the files present under server B. I can create new files on server B, but i am not able to edit the files which are already present. When i saw the permissions on those files it is 777. can some one tell me why i am not able to edit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbaraju
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash?

How to check if a partition is mounted or not with bash? And when is $? variable one? Please give example. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
10 Replies

9. Solaris

In Solaries 10 how to mount multiple volume on same mounted point

Hi , I am completely stuck and not getting any clue to come out this . So looking for help Q : I have salaries 10 in server with that Dell Equallogic storage connected. in dell Equlalogic in i have 70 TB storage . I created 7 volumes 10 TB each . In Solaries 10 i have syslog server i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roahn Tiwari
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to check if the folders in mounted on which partition?

Hi there, I am able to check which parition from Storage > Disk Management How is it possible to check if the folder is mounted on which partition. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
HD(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							     HD(4)

NAME
hd - MFM/IDE hard disk devices DESCRIPTION
The hd* devices are block devices to access MFM/IDE hard disk drives in raw mode. The master drive on the primary IDE controller (major device number 3) is hda; the slave drive is hdb. The master drive of the second controller (major device number 22) is hdc and the slave hdd. General IDE block device names have the form hdX, or hdXP, where X is a letter denoting the physical drive, and P is a number denoting the partition on that physical drive. The first form, hdX, is used to address the whole drive. Partition numbers are assigned in the order the partitions are discovered, and only nonempty, nonextended partitions get a number. However, partition numbers 1-4 are given to the four partitions described in the MBR (the "primary" partitions), regardless of whether they are unused or extended. Thus, the first logi- cal partition will be hdX5. Both DOS-type partitioning and BSD-disklabel partitioning are supported. You can have at most 63 partitions on an IDE disk. For example, /dev/hda refers to all of the first IDE drive in the system; and /dev/hdb3 refers to the third DOS "primary" partition on the second one. They are typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/hda b 3 0 mknod -m 660 /dev/hda1 b 3 1 mknod -m 660 /dev/hda2 b 3 2 ... mknod -m 660 /dev/hda8 b 3 8 mknod -m 660 /dev/hdb b 3 64 mknod -m 660 /dev/hdb1 b 3 65 mknod -m 660 /dev/hdb2 b 3 66 ... mknod -m 660 /dev/hdb8 b 3 72 chown root:disk /dev/hd* FILES
/dev/hd* SEE ALSO
chown(1), mknod(1), sd(4), mount(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 1992-12-17 HD(4)