Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu where can i get the unix operation system? Post 302088257 by tcb3210 on Monday 11th of September 2006 04:04:28 AM
Old 09-11-2006
where can i get the unix operation system?

I am a stranger here ,where can i get the operation for free.thank you!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Multi operation system in one pc.

Does anyone can write a thread to teach me how to install Windows 2000, RH Linux, and FreeBSD unix in one machine step by step? Or someone's already done with this topic? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

previous DATE and operation IN HP/UNIX

It's possible make a add/Subtracttion a day with command DATE with a command similar a GNU/LINUX??? ex. date --set '10 minutes' ( return the same date minus 10 minutes) it's possible make this operation in HP/UX??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: combine Backtick & system() I/O operation?

Hi - Within perl I want to execute a system command. I want to re-direct all the output from the command to a file (@result = `$cmd`;), but I ALSO want the results to be displayed on the screen (system("$cmd"); The reason is this - if the command completes, I want to process the output. If the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffw_00
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column operation : cosne and sine operation

I have a txt file with several columns and i want to peform an operation on two columns and output it to a new txt file . file.txt 900.00000 1 1 1 500.00000 500.00000 100000.000 4 4 1.45257346E-07 899.10834 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
4 Replies

5. Linux

commands of linux operation system

Am actually am new to the linux operating system and knda wana knw more about it.Please could u help me with some commands so i can start with that first.Really need your help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GODBLESSME
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

system calls and atomic operation

Are system calls atomic operations? Is a system call can be interrupted? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
2 Replies

7. AIX

Monitoring AIX with System Center Operation Manager 2007 R2

I can get my AIX servers to show up in SCOM but I'm struggling with running personal scripts and have the result of these scripts show up in SCOM. I'm currently using BigBrother and I've written some scripts for BB. I would like to convert these scripts to something that can be used in SCOM. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix System Programmer Vs. Unix System Administrator

Hi friends, I hope you are all fine and doing well. First of all, let me say that I love Unix with passion. But I have one query in my mind that is bothering me. What should I do, Unix System Administration or Unix System Programmering. Could you please tell me the difference between the two. And... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies
Perl6::Caller(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Perl6::Caller(3pm)

NAME
Perl6::Caller - OO "caller()" interface VERSION
Version 0.04 SYNOPSIS
use Perl6::Caller; my $sub = caller->subroutine; my $line_number = caller->line; my $is_require = caller(3)->is_require; EXPORT
"caller" # standard usage print "In ", caller->subroutine, " called from ", caller->file, " line ", caller->line; # get a caller object my $caller = caller; my $caller = caller(); # same thing # get a caller object for a different stack from my $caller = caller(2); # two stack frames up print $caller->package; # prints the package name # enjoy the original flavor my @caller = caller; # original caller behavior print $caller[0], # prints the package name DESCRIPTION
This module is experimental. It's also alpha. Bug reports and patches welcome. By default, this module exports the "caller" function. This automatically returns a new "caller" object. An optional argument specifies how many stack frames back to skip, just like the "CORE::caller" function. This lets you do things like this: print "In ", caller->subroutine, " called from ", caller->file, " line ", caller->line; If you do not wish the "caller" function imported, specify an empty import list and instantiate a new "Perl6::Caller" object. use Perl6::Caller (); my $caller = Perl6::Caller->new; print $caller->line; Note: if the results from the module seem strange, please read perldoc -s caller carefully. It has stranger behavior than you might be aware. METHODS
The following methods are available on the "caller" object. They return the same values as documented in perldoc -f caller. There are no "hints" and "bitmask" methods because those are documented as for internal use only. o "package" o "filename" o "line" o "subroutine" o "hasargs" o "wantarray" o "evaltext" o "is_require" Note that each of these values will report correctly for when the caller object was created. For example, the following will probably print different line numbers: print caller->line; foo(); sub foo { print caller->line; } However, the following will print the same line numbers: my $caller = Perl6::Caller->new; # everything is relative to here print $caller->line; foo($caller); sub foo { my $caller = shift; print $caller->line; } CAVEATS
Most of the time, this package should just work and not interfere with anything else. o $hints, $bitmask 'hints' and 'bitmask' are not available. They are documented to be for internal use only and should not be relied upon. Further, the bitmask caused strange test failures, so I opted not to include them. o Subclassing Don't. o Perl 6 I'm not entirely comfortable with the namespace. The Perl 6 caller actually does considerably more, but for me to have a hope of working that in, I need proper introspection and I don't have that. Thus, I've settled for simply having a caller object. o *CORE::GLOBAL::caller I didn't implement this, though I was tempted. It turns out to be a bit tricky in spots and I'm very concerned about globally overriding behavior. I might change my mind in the future if there's enough demand. o Overloading In string context, this returns the package name. This is to support the original "caller" behavior. o List Context In list context, we simply default to the original behavior of "CORE::caller". However, this always assumes we've called caller with an argument. Calling "caller" and caller(0) are identical with this module. It's difficult to avoid since the stack frame changes. AUTHOR
Curtis "Ovid" Poe, "<ovid@cpan.org>" ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Thanks to "phaylon" for helping me revisit a bad design issue with this. BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-perl6-caller@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Perl6-Caller>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007 Curtis "Ovid" Poe, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-18 Perl6::Caller(3pm)