Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Job dependent on other job
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Job dependent on other job Post 302088249 by Andrek on Monday 11th of September 2006 02:26:53 AM
Old 09-11-2006
Just user "wait"

Just ues the "wait" command inside your shell script or from command line

ie

java -metc etc etc >.../log.file &
wait
grep BUILD...... /log.file

The wait will wait until the back ground process completes before allowing the next command to be executed...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

First Job

Just wondering what other people where doing for there first Unix role. Mine was working with a ISP helpdesk (Windows support though I helped all the Linux people out whenever I could with support) :p then that went bust (One.Net if anyone knew of it) then I scored my first UNIX role. Working... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at job

How do I configure my solaris 8 machine to run a job using at scheduler, as a different user. my at job only run as a root user, but i want to configure users to run at job. I try to run a job to copy file like at "time" </copy_script but this only run, if I run as a root user. the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

4. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

5. AIX

AT job

I have a little difficulty with the "at command". I use it to run hourly for daytime reports. I use korn shell scripting. It runs normal at daytime, but when at night it dies. So I have to start up in the morning again. The script is fine to me. I was thinking to switch to cron job, but I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anhcuty
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert child job under a box job?

I have this box job and it contains only one job under it which is to load a file. I want to insert a "File Watcher", "Copy File" to it? Have no clue how to do that...any help plzzz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Job: Job did not start

I have submitted an autosys job and force start it. Autosys hit the job 4 times to restart but it did not start and finally I terminate the job. Any idea why the job did not start. Below is the code I executed. 1214 missun0ap /export/home/bzn97r/develop/dswi/jil$ sendevent -E FORCE_STARTJOB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
0 Replies
logprn(1)							     logtools								 logprn(1)

NAME
logprn - merge Common-Log Format web logs based on time-stamps SYNOPSIS
logprn logfile idle-time[:max-wait] command DESCRIPTION
The logprn program is designed to print new data that is appended to log files. It will wait until a specified amount of time has elapsed since the last write to the file before printing the data. It will print the data by pipeing it to a specified command. The command will be run by popen(3) so the usual shell commands will operate (whether this is a bug or a feature is a matter of opinion). OPTIONS
logfile specifies a file to read data from. It should be a regular file not a pipe, device, or anything else. idle-time max-wait command EXIT STATUS
0 Never happens, this program will run forever. 1 Bad command-line parameters or couldn't stat the log file on startup - couldn't start the program. 2 File disappeared or became unreadable at run-time. 3 Can't run the specified command. AUTHOR
This program, its manual page, and the Debian package were written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. BUGS
Uses popen (3) but I consider this a feature not a bug. SEE ALSO
popen(3) Russell Coker <;russell@coker.com.au> 0.06 logprn(1)