Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX BAD SUPER BLOCK - Run fsck with alternate super block number Post 302088114 by ncmurf00 on Friday 8th of September 2006 01:57:59 PM
Old 09-08-2006
Best bet is to upgrade your OS while you're at it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incorrect super block FreeBSD

working with FreeBSD 4.5 trying to mount my floppy like i did in red hat like $mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy but i get the answer :incorrect super block i thought maybe it needs format: $fdformat /dev/rfd0.1440 still doesn't work and the man pages and the site of FreeBSD don't really help me :(... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bad magic number in super-block

I am running mandrake 8.2 and when booting I get the message: e2fschk: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/hda8. The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and really contains a valid an ext2 filesystem (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jay
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad Super Block: Magic Number Wrong

I had a power outage a day ago and when the power came back on my FreeBSD 4.6 webserver had problems. It said it was unable to mount /var and made me start in single user mode and said to run fsck MANUALY. So i did and this is now what i get. www# fsck /dev/ad0s1e ** /dev/ad0s1e BAD SUPER... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewbane
4 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris error BAD SUPER BLOCK

I want mount a disk. I have this error. I'm trying to correct with the superblock but i have the same error. Look my procedure. bash-2.03# fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 Alternate super block location: 9423392. ** /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG USE AN ALTERNATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simquest
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Failed To Read Super Block

Greetings: I am trying to re-install my system with the Solaris 9 CD. I typed boot cdrom from the OBP, the system restarted and started saying Failed To Read Super Block, and then proceeds to the screen where I was initially before I decided to re-install the OS. My system was working... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogfunsho
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Failed To Read Super Block With Solaris 9

Greetings: I am trying to re-install my system with the Solaris 9 CD. I typed boot cdrom from the OBP, the system restarted and started saying Failed To Read Super Block, and then proceeds to the screen where I was initially before I decided to re-install the OS. My system was working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ogfunsho
0 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Bad super block: Magic number wrong

Whenever i run, # fsck -F ufs /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 The following error prompt out:- ** /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG USE AN ALTERNATE SUPER-BLOCK TO SUPPLY NEEDED INFORMATION; eg. fsck -o b=# where # is the alternate super block. SEE fsck_ufs(1M). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I run command with super user privledge

Hello All, I am working on UNIX like environment. This environment is ported from UNIX. Here when we need to build product set, we need to run some script with super user privledge (which we normal user dont have) Is there any way (some C program or some script) through which any normal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshi123
2 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can't repair super block, bad magic number

Hello all, I have a hard drive that I can't repair. The drive is WD15EARS - Filesystem ext4 ( not 100% sure ) It's used in a Synology DS110j NAS. I try to run fsck -p /dev/sdb on the HD and I get this: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /dev/sdb /dev/sdb: The superblock... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dallasw1983
4 Replies

10. Solaris

File System Error: BAD SUPERBLOCK AT BLOCK 16: NUMBER OF DIRECTORIES OUT OF RANGE

Hi All, we are having a file system error in one of our servers. The server failed to boot in usual user mode. Instead boot with single user mode and requesting to run a FSCK manually to repair the corrupted. see the below output. Netra T2000, No Keyboard Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddhike G
5 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
       dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files

SYNOPSIS
       dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding
       sysv init script is available.

As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in
       which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade).  This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because
       invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case.

OPTIONS
       --restart-after-upgrade
	   Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed.  This is the default behaviour in compat 10.

In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst.

This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon
	   will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option.

--no-restart-after-upgrade
	   Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10).  If no other options are given, this will cause the service to
	   be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script.

-r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade
	   Do not stop service on upgrade.

--no-start
	   Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a
	   corresponding init script).

NOTES
       Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments).
       Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts.

Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence
       in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

AUTHORS
       pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)