Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read a particular line in a file with 500000 records init Post 302088103 by jim mcnamara on Friday 8th of September 2006 12:09:55 PM
Old 09-08-2006
Code:
 sed -n '514455q;514455,514455p' filename > line.txt
vi line.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read records from a file

Hi all, I have a requirement where I need to read records one by one from a file. I have tried this below code: while read mLine do echo 'Line = '${mLine} done < input_file --- But the problem here is im getting the records with removed spaces. --Supposer if the record is like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to read particular records from a file

i am reading an i/p file input.txt as below and want to read all filenames as in highlighted in bold below and put them in a different file output.txt. can someone help me with a shell script to do this? thanks in advance regards brad input.txt --------- START TYPE:OPT INIT_SEQ:01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradc
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each 2 records from a file

Hi, I have 10000 records in my test.dat file All records are under the following format a,12,45,bn,c a,16,46,bn1,c a,18,47,bn2,c a,12,47,bn3,c a,11,49,bn4,c I have to read each 2 records and assign it into a temp file .Can anybody help me in this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file with n records as one big string using linux

Hello! Is there a way i can read a file with n records as one big string using linux shell script? I have a file in the below format - REC1 REC2 REC3 . . . REC4 Record length is 3000 bytes per record and with a newline char at the end. What i need to do is - read this file as one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailme0205
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read records in a file and sort it?

I have a file which has number of pipe delimited records. I am able to read the records....but I want to sort it after reading. i=0 while IFS="|" read -r usrId dataOwn expire email group secProf startDt endDt smhRole RoleCat DataProf SysRole MesgRole SearchProf do print $usrId $dataOwn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish468
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read File and check records for length

I need a script that will run in unix to: 1) Read and input file with 1 column that contains for ex: 0123456789 1234567890 ...etc 2) Checks the first column if it is: a. Numeric from 0 - 9 b. if it is not less... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a particular records from a file?

Hi All Can anybody let me know the code to read a particular record from a file For e.g. File Name: File.txt File content: Script_path=/abc/def/script/ File_path=/xyz/data/ Business Date=19990905 SERVER_NAME=Server DATABASE_NAME=Database Login=NewUser Password=NewPassword ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddhartha9833
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies
PX_GET_RECORD2(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 PX_GET_RECORD2(3)

NAME
PX_get_record2 -- Returns record in Paradox file SYNOPSIS
#include <paradox.h> int PX_get_record2(pxdoc_t *pxdoc, int recno, char *data, int *deleted, pxdatablockinfo_t *pxdbinfo) DESCRIPTION
This function is similar to PX_get_record(3) but takes two extra parameters. If *deleted is set to 1 the function will consider any record in the database, even those which are deleted. If *pxdbinfo is not NULL, the function will return some information about the data block where the record has been read from. You will have to allocate memory for pxdbinfo before calling PX_get_record2. On return *deleted will be set to 1 if the requested record is deleted or 0 if it is not deleted. The struct pxdatablockinfo_t has the fol- lowing fields: blockpos (long) File positon where the block starts. The first six bytes of the block contain the header, followed by the record data. recordpos (long) File position where the requested record starts. size (int) Size of the data block without the six bytes for the header. recno (int) Record number within the data block. The first record in the block has number 0. numrecords (int) The number of records in this block. number (int) The number of the data block. This function may return records with invalid data, because records are not explizitly marked as deleted, but rather the size of a valid data block is modified. A data block is a fixed size area in the file which holds a certain number of records. If for some reason a data block has newer been completely filled with records, the algorithmn anticipates deleted records in this data block, which are not there. This often happens with the last data block in a file, which is likely to not being fully filled with records. If you accessing several records, do it in ascending order, because this is the most efficient way. Note: This function is deprecated. Use PX_retrieve_record(3) instead RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success and -1 on failure. SEE ALSO
PX_get_field(3), PX_get_record(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Uwe Steinmann uwe@steinmann.cx. PX_GET_RECORD2(3)