Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: locked out!
Operating Systems HP-UX locked out! Post 302088077 by ncmurf00 on Friday 8th of September 2006 09:45:24 AM
Old 09-08-2006
locked out!

Smilie
I have an K580 HP server.
All I did was change the IP address on the NIC and now I can't telnet into it.
I can ping, but no telnet.
Also, it won't boot if the console monitor is plugged in.

ANY IDEAS???

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root locked out

Hello all. I think I have a big problem. the /etc/passwd file got overwritten and now I can't su as root when I telnet into this machine. I am running yp on a different machine and tried to push the passwd file out to all machines, but it didn't help. I noticed that there is a passwd file in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moca4444
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenWin Locked up

I have a server that is on solaris 9 and openwin is locked. The mouse won't respond and I can't seem to kill the openwin pid on the server.. Is there a command line to kill openwin from the server side? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jphorton
2 Replies

3. AIX

locked a password

good morning just a confirmation, to lock a password for a user, we must to write 0 for password min age and password max age option ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

4. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

5. Programming

Port is locked

Hi, I am working with sun solaris sparc 5.9 and I want to use the serial port in my application..when I am trying to use it.it is throwing the message-- So how can I check the serial port is locked or not and how can I unlock the port?? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who locked my id?

I am running Solaris 10. Occasionally, my id gets loked. I want to know who/which rougue process locked it. How do I find out? Thanks, KNK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamatam
9 Replies

7. AIX

User locked

hi, how to unlock the user,,, i want the command to unlock the user orbit..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have files that are locked up...

Here's the story: I had an LaCie Internet Space (1TB)... Recently the network (or software) functions of the device just died... I tried to access it via different routers, checking UTP, tried everything possible to rule out physical damage to components. Then i got the disk out of its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SentinelX
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passwd getting locked

Hi, there is a password lock problem happening everyday at one of the servers(GNU RH-Linux;kernel release version 2.6.18-308.20.1.el5) for a particular user id which is an appln user id. Everyday it needs to be reset by the owner/unix user mgmt team. My suspicion was if any cronjob was running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
3 Replies
XRLOGIN(1)						      General Commands Manual							XRLOGIN(1)

NAME
xrlogin - start an xterm that uses ssh (or optionally rlogin or telnet) to connect to a remote host SYNOPSIS
xrlogin [-l username] [-rlogin|-telnet] [xterm options] remote-host DESCRIPTION
Xrlogin opens an xterm window and runs ssh, rlogin or telnet to login to a remote host. Xrlogin automatically passes the -name argument to xterm with a value of "xterm-hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This allows the user to specify resources in their server's resource manager which are specific to xterms from a given host. For example, this feature can be used to make all xterm windows to a given remote host be the same color or use a specific font or start up in a spe- cific place on the screen. Xrsh(1) passes the same string so they are compatible in this regard. Xrlogin specifies that the default title for the new xterm will be "hostname" where hostname is the name of the remote host. This and the -name argument above can be overridden with xterm-options on the command line. One could also use xrlogin's sister command xrsh(1) to open a window to a remote host. In the case of xrsh, the xterm would run on the remote host and use X as the connection protocol while xrlogin would run the xterm on the local host and use rlogin or telnet as the con- nection protocol. See xrsh(1) for a discussion of the merits of each scheme. OPTIONS
-l username When not using -telnet, use username as the id to login to the remote host. -rlogin Use the rlogin protocol to open the connection. In general rlogin is preferred because it can be configured to not prompt the user for a password. Rlogin also automatically propagates window size change signals (SIGWINCH) to the remote host so that applications running there will learn of a new window size. -telnet Use the -telnet protocol to open the connection. Use of telnet provided mostly for hosts that don't support rlogin. COMMON PROBLEMS
Make sure that the local host is specified in the .rhosts file on the remote host or in the remote hosts /etc/hosts.equiv file. See rlogin(1) for more information. EXAMPLES
xrlogin -bg red yoda Start a local red xterm which connects to the remote host yoda using rlogin. xrlogin -telnet c70 Open a local xterm which connects to the remote host c70 using telnet. SEE ALSO
xrsh(1), rlogin(1), telnet(1) AUTHOR
James J. Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com> and Stephen Gildea <gildea@intouchsys.com>. X Version 11 Release 6 XRLOGIN(1)