Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script removes itself
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script removes itself Post 302088051 by kayarsenal on Friday 8th of September 2006 07:51:10 AM
Old 09-08-2006
followup

Hi All,
I think I asked the question wrongly. The point is, the script deletes all the file in the path where I am running it which it shouldnt as the path is not the text file(xxx.txt) where it reads from.

So its not just the script itself that gets deleted, but also the files in the path where the script is located.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GAWK removes FS | on output

I have the simple gawk script below. When the script runs in the output of all the ITM lines the FS is replaced with a space, the Non ITM lines retain the | field separator. The ITM lines have many fields and I can't insert "|" between each field because some of the fields are blank. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulr211
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

eval removes backslash

Hi, ============= In one of my config files, I have below command eval echo RECORDDELIMITER '\n' The above command results in removing backslash and outputs: RECORDDELIMITER n ============= Any workaround to retain the backslash after eval. Appreciated for your... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
10 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Aptitude removes all packages

Hi Team, Please find below error. I got this after i done something in aptitude. Actually i was trying to update all packages, but unfortunately I removed all packages. Now my server is down. When i boot it gives me me errors of missing .so files. Is there any way to repair my server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which removes files from the first directory if there is a file in the second directory

Script must removes files from the first directory if there is a file with same name in the second directory Script passed to the two directories, it lies with them in one directory: sh script_name dir1 dir2 This is my version, but it does not work :wall: set - $2/* for i do set -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SLAMUL
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl/sed -i removes link

hello, is it a behavior of or that "-i" removes unix link . example : i create a file "src_file" and link it to "link_file" and then i start "perl -i" the link is removed. does another option exists to change content of a file without temporary files ? UNIX-Version: HP-UX and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: removes \ from text which causes issues

Hi all, Hoping someone hoping someone might be able to help. i've got the following sed command which i'm using in a bash script that i'm trying to use to insert a new line into an already existing file so i don't have to manually enter it when setting stuff up. the existing script test2/3 are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: springs2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newline to space code removes 0 from the first line

I am having a peculiar problem. First I run the code below to append 0 at the start of each line in some hundreds of files that I have in a directory. These files have each word in a newline. for f in *.dat; do echo "0" > tmpfile cat $f >> tmpfile mv tmpfile $f done Then I run this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why awk removes delimiters?

Code : echo "1,2,3,4"|awk -F "," 'NR==n{$3=a}1' n=1 a=45 Output : 1 2 45 4 Expected : 1,2,45,4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_us
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk removes delimiter unexpectedly

datafile: blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah=0_nblah=0-- ,blah,blah,blah im using the following command to turn the "_n" and "-- " to just a space " " only in the $9th field. meaning, it has to make the changes only in the 9th column/field of the datafile. awk -F, '{... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk removes attachment in email

Hi We have a requirement to send email using shell script.email should have html body and pdf attachment. We used uuencode for attaching files and sendmail option to acheive and it is working fine. However custoemr wants to make body of email slightly dynamic. E.g dear customer in html file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harish7586
3 Replies
MAKESH(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    MAKESH(1)

NAME
makeSH - a .SH script maker SYNOPSIS
makeSH files DESCRIPTION
MakeSH examines one or more scripts and produces a .SH file that, when run under sh, will produce the original script. The .SH script so produced has two sections containing code destined for the output. The first section has variable substitutions performed on it (taking values from config.sh), while the second section does not. MakeSH does not know which variables you want to have substituted, so it puts the whole script into the second section. It's up to you to insert any variable substitutions in the first section for any values you want from config.sh. You should run makeSH from within your top-level directory and use the relative path to the file as an argument, so that the "Extracting ..." line printed while running the produced .SH file later on will give that same path. AUTHOR
Larry Wall <lwall@netlabs.com> SEE ALSO
pat(1), metaconfig(1), makedist(1). BUGS
It could assume that variables from metaconfig's Glossary need to be initialized in the first section, but I'm too lazy to make it do that. LOCAL MAKESH(1)