Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in string manipulation Post 302088030 by Chanakya.m on Friday 8th of September 2006 05:31:29 AM
Old 09-08-2006
why %% is required? I tried without %%, hot an error. Can u explain :-(

-Chanakya

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in String manipulation

Hi, How to find existance of a string inside another string in unix scripting? Can you give me with an example. I tried this, awk 'BEGIN { print index("peanut", "an") }' But when I used this example, the command prompt was not returning. Only I had to forcibly end by using ^C. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation

Hi, Suppose I have the following text in a file. ORA-00942: table or view does not exist ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number string with name "string" too small Is there any way I can list all the text that starts only with 'ORA-'? Or there any grep command that can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakashi_jet
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

Hi, I have searched this long and hard and don't seem to see another post on this issue. I have two strings each with the same characters but in a different order. String1=”word” String2=”dwor” I want to test them to show their similarity. Unfortunately I can't do a sort so that they will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cactus Jack
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need help with string manipulation

First of all I am VERY new to this so bare with me and try and explain everything even if it seems simple. Basically I want to read a line of text from a html file. See if the line of text has a certain string in it. copy an unknown number of characters (the last 4 characters wiil be ".jpg" the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c3lica
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

Hi all, see i have a script that takes few arguments. first one is command we do on file, next is file (mostly txt file with lot of data) third is destination where we do something with data in file. Since im new in scripting, and im learning as i go, i need some hint how to manipulate that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajemrunner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

if I have two string variable, how do I add one to anther. like a= "a" b="b" c=$a+$b but that doesn't work. Is there anyway to solve it.http://www.qtl.co.il/img/copy.pnghttp://www.google.com/favicon.icohttp://www.babylon.com/favicon.icohttp://www.morfix.com/favicon.ico (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Manipulation

Hi, I have a file in the following format 123|shanwer|15DEC2010|bgbh|okok|16JAN3000|okok| I want the following to be in following format 123|shanwer|12\15\2010|bgbh|okok|01\16\3000|okok| SED/PERL/AWK Gurus could you please help me with this? Thanks Shankar (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shan2210
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation

Hi, I have the followoing details in one file: opt/tra/domain/test/new/filename1 training/ear/help I need to manipulate the string in the following manner: filename1= opt/tra/domain/test/new/filename1 help=training/ear/help last string is the name and equal sign and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation

Hello Could you help with small script: How to split string X1 into 3 string String X1 can have 1 or many strings X1='A1:B1:C1:D1:A2:B2:C2:D2:A3:B3:C3:D3' This is output which I want to have: Z1='A1:B1:C1:D1' Z2='A2:B2:C2:D2' Z3='A3:B3:C3:D3' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting part of a string : string manipulation

i have something like this... echo "teCertificateId" | awk -F'Id' '{ print $1 }' | awk -F'te' '{ print $2 }' Certifica the awk should remove 'te' only if it is present at the start of the string.. anywhere else it should ignore it. expected output is Certificate (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
7 Replies
IPSEC_KLIPSDEBUG(5)						  [FIXME: manual]					       IPSEC_KLIPSDEBUG(5)

NAME
ipsec_klipsdebug - list KLIPS (kernel IPSEC support) debug features and level SYNOPSIS
ipsec klipsdebug cat/proc/net/ipsec_klipsdebug DESCRIPTION
/proc/net/ipsec_klipsdebug lists flags that control various parts of the debugging output of KLIPS and MAST, two of the IPsec stacks supported by Openswan. At this point it is a read-only file. A table entry consists of: + a KLIPS debug variable + a '=' separator for visual and automated parsing between the variable name and its current value + hexadecimal bitmap of variable's flags. The variable names roughly describe the scope of the debugging variable. Currently, no flags are documented or individually accessible yet except tunnel-xmit. The variable names are: tunnel tunnelling code netlink userspace communication code (obsolete) xform transform selection and manipulation code eroute eroute table manipulation code spi SA table manipulation code radij radij tree manipulation code esp encryptions transforms code ah authentication transforms code rcv receive code ipcomp ip compression transforms code verbose give even more information, beware this will probably trample the 4k kernel printk buffer giving inaccurate output All KLIPS debug output appears as kernel.info messages to syslogd(8). Most systems are set up to log these messages to /var/log/messages. EXAMPLES
debug_tunnel=00000010. debug_netlink=00000000. debug_xform=00000000. debug_eroute=00000000. debug_spi=00000000. debug_radij=00000000. debug_esp=00000000. debug_ah=00000000. debug_rcv=00000000. debug_pfkey=ffffffff. means that one tunnel flag has been set (tunnel-xmit), full pfkey sockets debugging has been set and everything else is not set. FILES
/proc/net/ipsec_klipsdebug, /usr/local/bin/ipsec SEE ALSO
ipsec(8), ipsec_manual(8), ipsec_tncfg(8), ipsec_eroute(8), ipsec_spi(8), ipsec_spigrp(8), ipsec_klipsdebug(5), ipsec_version(5), ipsec_pf_key(5) HISTORY
Written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org/> by Richard Guy Briggs. [FIXME: source] 10/06/2010 IPSEC_KLIPSDEBUG(5)