Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Accessing Unix from Server
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Accessing Unix from Server Post 302087776 by sssow on Tuesday 5th of September 2006 05:38:21 PM
Old 09-05-2006
You can telnet to that Unix Server if it is accessible through network. You may want to try putty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Accessing a FTP Server hosted on Linux

We have set-up a FTP server on a Linux machine, which sits behind a firewall. Most users outside our firewall can access it, but one user in particular cannot. I assume it has something to do with their firewall rules. It appears that they can connect with no problem but the server does not grant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remotely accessing a server

Ok, so I'm a total beginner when it come to unix shells, but my friends and I are starting to get into it. It turns out that I have an extra computer lying around and I want to set it up as a server se we can run shell commands on it. Does anyone know of any guides on how to set up the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogre
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

accessing ms access from unix server...

Hello, I have a databse stored in my Unix server. I can't change the database because is used by a third party software. How Can I make some queries to this database (I want to extend the information for all the users using Apache + php on the unix server.) I looked at unixODBC but I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accessing windows server

Hello guys, i have a scenario that i need to run some commands on a unix machine and them connect on a windows server machine stop some services and them back to the Unix machine do another commands.. There is a way to do that with shell script? tks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paddock
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with accessing subversion installed on unix server through windows GUI

We are using subversion as a version control system in our project. We are connecting to client`s sun Solaris box through check point VPN. Client has installed subversion . We have created repository and add files to it. Now we want to access the same from our windows machine (through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aasid
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Accessing Solaris Server

Dear all, We have a Solaris Server at other location. Can we access the Server from remote ....Any software is needed for this ....pl help. Rgds Rj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing secured server using shell script

Hi, I was trying to connect secure server using SFTP, but end up in error. Im looking for a shell script which will connect my secured FTP server For EG: hostname = example.com username = fed password = pass port = 993 Destination = web Push some tar file into web folder which is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulwintech
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing mail server from UNIX

Hi all, I need to access the mails sent to me in a mail server(IMAP mail server), and download the attachment sent in the mail to the unix environment. Please help me to acheive the same. I am not able to install python , PHP modules in my unix box due to installation restriction in my work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why am I root? (accessing sftp server with pubkeys)

Hi, It is my first post here - I am Krzysztof http://forum.synology.com/enu/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif I have configured my linux based server (it is Synology DS1813+) to be accessible only via SSH and only with public certificates (my /etc/ssh/sshd_conf below). Both login into shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hicnar
1 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)