Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to create a new ftp user account with limited access..? Post 302087460 by Jeremy3 on Friday 1st of September 2006 05:52:27 AM
Old 09-01-2006
Thanks reborg for your precious help.

Jeremry

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create or modify user account to have same access as root

Is there a way to create or better yet modify a user account so it has the same privs as root? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create user - limited priviledge

i want to create unix user account (usera) for outsider so that they can run program that exist in /application/xxx/. The account have their own home directory (/home/usera). But on the same time the user cannot run any application/command either than in /application/xxx/. User can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golden_shooter
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create user - limited priviledge

i want to create unix user account (usera) for outsider so that they can run program that exist in /application/xxx/. The account have their own home directory (/home/usera). But on the same time the user cannot run any application/command either than in /application/xxx/. User can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golden_shooter
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user with limited access

dear guys, sorry for asking a noob :p question, tried to search the forum for an answer but couldn't find one, i am running solaris 10 and i would like to create a user with limited access to view only one directory, the directory already exist, is this possible:confused:? thanks and regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how i can make one ip access to ftp account and deny others

HI I want to make only one IP can access to ftp acount in cpanel or by shell can any body help me ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elkadrey
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Creating User account with limited permission

Hi All, I want to create an user account which can only excute "df -kh" and "prstat -a" command. The user will not be able to perform "rm" and other critical commands. Is there a way to do it? rgds, Ronny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

7. Solaris

User with limited access to one directory

is there a way to create a user and limit him to read,write and execute only in one direcotry. the directory is already exsist and it belongs to dba group. i would like to make this user can't even cd to another directory or even if he can he cant do anything in the other directories. if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create user with access only to one folder through ftp?

Hi all, Can someone help me with creating user with special privilegies? I need to create user who will have access ONLY to one folder (like /etc/log/) through ftp (read only access) and which will not have any other ways to log in like telnet, ssh etc.? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to create a user in UNIX with some limited permissions?

As i know, Unix or Linux only manages 2 type of user: root user or normal user. All users with userID=0 will have all administration permissions like root user with the system. In my case, i want to create a new user in HP-UNIX environment with all root permissions only one exception that this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hieucn1404
5 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Create an user with limited permission on LUbuntu

Hello folks, I pretend install Lubuntu 16.04 LTS in pc for any employer use this pc! I think create an user with, only, permission to read and write, 770. This is the best scenario? I think create this user through terminal, because I pretend create a script, and I don't where wizard has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enodev
0 Replies
XCreatePixmap() 														   XCreatePixmap()

Name
  XCreatePixmap - create a pixmap.

Synopsis
  Pixmap XCreatePixmap(display, drawable, width, height, depth)
	Display *display;
	Drawable drawable;
	unsigned int width, height;
	unsigned int depth;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

drawable  Specifies the drawable.  May be an InputOnly window.

width     Specify the width and height in pixels of the pixmap.  The values must be non-zero.
  height
  depth     Specifies  the  depth of the pixmap.  The depth must be supported by the screen of the specified drawable.	(Use XListDepths() if
	    in doubt.)

Returns
  The created Pixmap.

Description
  XCreatePixmap() creates a pixmap resource and returns its pixmap ID.	The initial contents of the pixmap are undefined.

The server uses the drawable argument to determine which screen the pixmap is stored on.  The pixmap can only be used on this screen.   The
  pixmap  can  only  be  drawn drawn into with GCs of the same depth, and can only be copied to drawables of the same depth, except in XCopy-
  Plane().

A bitmap is a single-plane pixmap.  There is no separate bitmap type in X Version 11.

Pixmaps should be considered a precious resource, since many servers have limits on the amount of off-screen memory available.

If you are creating a pixmap for use in XCreatePixmapCursor(), specify depth = 1, fg = 1, and bg = 0.

For more information, see Volume One, Chapter 6, Drawing Graphics and Text.

Errors
  BadAlloc

BadDrawable

BadValue  width or height is 0.
	    depth is not supported on screen.

See Also
  XCreateBitmapFromData(), XCreatePixmapFromBitmapData(), XFreePixmap(), XListDepths(),  XListPixmapFormat,  XQueryBestCursor(),  XQueryBest-
  Size(),  XQueryBestStipple(),  XQueryBestTile(),  XReadBitmapFile(),	XSetTile(),  XSetWindowBackgroundPixmap(),  XSetWindowBorderPixmap(),
  XWriteBitmapFile().

Xlib - Pixmaps and Tiles													   XCreatePixmap()