Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need help, restrict DBA roles in Sun Solaris Server Post 302087427 by Aditya Purwanto on Thursday 31st of August 2006 10:10:14 PM
Old 08-31-2006
Need help, restrict DBA roles in Sun Solaris Server

Dear forum,

I have Oracle 9i/10g2R and sun solaris server I don't realy sure wheter it's sun solaris 8, 9 or 10.

Here is the background:
Oracle engine : 9i / 10g2R
--> located in server SunOS
Remote Komputer : Windows XP, I use SSH to remote to the server
User : DBA1, ADMINISTRATOR or SYS

My problem is, I need to granted DBA1 the roles for DBA, so he has full access to the database. He remote to the database using listener.ora (I mean remote to the database not to the server).

In the other hand, I can remote to the server and run the database from the server that I already remote.

I need to grant DBA1 to be able to create tablespace and datafile (I have stored procedure that automaticaly do this).

############## My Problem I put bellow ###################
What I want to know is how can I only allow DBA1 to create and alter tablespace and datafile only from stored procedure or he remote to the server. So if DBA1 remote to the database using listener.ora not remote to the server using ssh or using stored procedure, he can't create or alter tablespace and datafile.
###################################################

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards,
Aditya Purwanto
Edit/Delete Message

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Java Portal Server 6 and Solaris 10

Hello, I have recently installed Solaris 10 OE in an Ultra-10 stand alone workstation. I would like to know where can I find information regarding which version of Sun Web technologies such as: Sun Java Portal 6.x Sun Java Web Server 6.x Sun Java Identity Server Sun Java Directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosqueda_albert
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring Server Jobs, Roles, and Performance via Command Line

Hey guys, I have an up and coming interview (tomorrow) and during the discussion via phone I was asked if I was familiar with "monitoring jobs in Linux/UNIX using the command line." Now, I currently work in the MS world and I am underneath the NOC hear at my company so I have had no reason to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve M
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Getting Server Model from Sun Solaris

What command to get server model from a solaris 5.10? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to boot a sun Solaris server?

Hi everyone, I have searched on google and sun documentation but it's still not clear for me; how do we boot a sun Solaris server? I know what to do but only from this step: 1- start /SYS 2- start /SP/console The system go to to the prompt OK, then we use the BOOT command. My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
9 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Database - How to check if user roles and system roles are separated?

I have these two table. How do I see if user roles and system roles are seperated? SQL> desc DBA_ROLES; Name Null? Type ----------------------------------------- -------- ---------------------------- ROLE NOT NULL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Backup sun Solaris Server

hello, I need to make a backup for my sever Sun Solaris 10, is there any propositions to realize this , or a control line assembly to have a copy of my server. waiting for your reply thank you in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laila
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Server and Solaris 7 Inquiry

Greetings! Will be firing up the good ole pizza box, soon. Does anyone know if Solaris 7 is still okay to use? Last time I attempted was 2006. Thank you in advance, ControlTomato (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ControlTomato
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Oracle DBA licensing on Solaris 11 LDOMS

My understanding is that Oracle DB licensing is based on number of cores etc. If you use virtual machines (e.g.ldoms) you need to partition it properly otherwise, in theory you have to pay based on the host machine. Can anyone confirm I'm right here? And explain it in bit more detail (i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
8 Replies
DROP 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLESPACE(7) NAME
DROP TABLESPACE - remove a tablespace SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLESPACE [ IF EXISTS ] tablespacename DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLESPACE removes a tablespace from the system. A tablespace can only be dropped by its owner or a superuser. The tablespace must be empty of all database objects before it can be dropped. It is possible that objects in other databases might still reside in the tablespace even if no objects in the current database are using the tablespace. Also, if the tablespace is listed in the temp_tablespaces setting of any active session, the DROP might fail due to temporary files residing in the tablespace. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the tablespace does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. tablespacename The name of a tablespace. NOTES
DROP TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
To remove tablespace mystuff from the system: DROP TABLESPACE mystuff; COMPATIBILITY
DROP TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLESPACE(7)