Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can Xargs execute multiple commands of evry input file Post 302087190 by Klashxx on Wednesday 30th of August 2006 07:22:42 AM
Old 08-30-2006
Of course , check this link
Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i get my script to execute multiple commands?

New to shell scripting. I can't get my script to execute multiple commands. Here's the code. It's a menu script. #!/bin/ksh clear print "SDE MENU" PS3="SDE MENU, enter choice:" select clean_menu in "tasdedev instance 5151" "orkindev instance 5155" "tasdetst instance 5157" "orkinsys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hvincent
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple commands in a find

I am checking that a file is older than a reference file that I build with a touch command before processing it. If it is not old enough, I want to sleep for an hour and check again. My problem is if it is old enough to process, I want to exit when I am done, but I cannot find a way to exit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron used to execute multiple commands

have to run multiple commands at a specified time by the user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemaa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute commands to specific folder from input file

Hi, I have one text file input.txt, which has folders path as follows: /home/user/automate/abc /home/user/automate/abc/xyz /home/user/automate/test /home/user/automate/test2 /home/user/automate/test2/abc/Main In those folders i have .svn folder. 1) First i want to remove .svn like rm... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to multiple servers using SSH and execute commands

Requirement: Run a shell script with below inputs file name checksum path the script should go to multiple servers (around 35) and verify the input cksum and if there is a mismatch display a simple message to the user that cksum verification failed. host details, user id /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take input from the user from the command line and execute commands basedon that?

Hi, I am using solaris 10 and bash shell.Script execution follows below.Initially it will check whether a directory exists or not if does not exist it will create it.(This I have completed) Second step:I have four users say user1,user2,user3,user4.Script should prompt for the user id and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute multiple commands in one shot?

for example: I'm greping the process where i can get the location of the file $ ps -ef | grep LLAWP | awk {'print $9'} | tail -1 /Hostname/ihs/INSTANCE2/conf/WebAgent.conf then I need to display second line of WebAgent.conf file: $ cat /Hostname/ihs/INSTANCE1/conf/WebAgent.conf | head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to execute multiple commands

Let's say I have a file called test.out. In this file I want to do the following: 1. Search for DIP-10219 and with this: 2. Remove everything in front of cn= 3. Remove everything after *com 4. Remove duplicate lines 5. Replace ( with \( 6. Replace ) with \) For 1-3 I have figured out this... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh multiple hops to execute commands with arguments

Hi I need to write a script to ssh through several hops (e.g. HostA-HostB-HostC-HostD), where Host A does not have direct assess to HostC ; HostB cannot access HostD directly. when I ssh 3 hops and run command with arg1, arg2 and redirect the output to a file, e.g. HostA> ssh -t HostB ssh -t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiensh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs: multiple commands to each argument

Hello. There is my one-liner to get subjects of potential spam mails sudo exiqgrep -bf "spamer@example.com" |cut -d' ' -f1 |xargs -I ~ sudo /usr/sbin/exim -Mvh ~ |grep 'Subject: ' I want to insert blank line after each iteration to make output more readable. I tried sudo exiqgrep -bf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies
WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Mechanize::Image - Image object for WWW::Mechanize SYNOPSIS
Image object to encapsulate all the stuff that Mech needs Constructor new() Creates and returns a new "WWW::Mechanize::Image" object. my $image = WWW::Mechanize::Image->new( { url => $url, base => $base, tag => $tag, name => $name, # From the INPUT tag height => $height, # optional width => $width, # optional alt => $alt, # optional } ); Accessors $link->url() URL from the link $link->base() Base URL to which the links are relative. $link->name() Name for the field from the NAME attribute, if any. $link->tag() Tag name (either "image" or "input") $link->height() Image height $link->width() Image width $link->alt() ALT attribute from the source tag, if any. $link->URI() Returns the URL as a URI::URL object. $link->url_abs() Returns the URL as an absolute URL string. SEE ALSO
WWW::Mechanize and WWW::Mechanize::Link COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2004-2010 Andy Lester. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: o the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or o the Artistic License version 2.0. perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 WWW::Mechanize::Image(3pm)