Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date problem -- URGENT
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting date problem -- URGENT Post 302087182 by tayyabq8 on Wednesday 30th of August 2006 06:36:34 AM
Old 08-30-2006
It is shell dependant, it should work if you have ksh93 or bash as your shell, post here output of echo $0.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ulimit problem(Urgent)

Hi all, In Tru64 UNIX,there is a command ulimit which sets or reports a resource limit. -d option specifies number of Kilobytes for data area. But when i give same man ulimit in HP-UX, it does shows some ulimit function. I want to replace ulimit -d command in .profile file which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help urgent problem

i accedently "deleted" all workspaces I have a black screen and dont know what to do solaris common desktop enviroment (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssshakir
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Another Urgent HDD problem

I have another Hdd problem with Ultra 1 machine the hdd is segate (+-)17560 MB and when I start installtion of sun solaries 2.6 the system sees the hdd correctly, and the installtion goes fine with partioning the disk as follows / 150 MB swap 500 MB /user 1000 MB /user1 100MB /usr3 5500 MB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

Urgent printing problem

I can no longer print from HP-UX 10. All the printers are network printers. I have already stopped and restarted the spooler (lpshut and lpsched), but still the same problem. The printers react when I ping them. I have also tried with SAM, but the system cannot find the printers. Can somebody... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filipd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in unzipping---URGENT

when try to unzip a very big file facing an error of disk full. can any body help me to unzip this file . $ unzip abc.zip Archive: abc.zip inflating: abc.zrp abc.zip write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) $ n Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
1 Replies

6. AIX

URGENT --problem in unzipping

when try to unzip a very big file facing an error of disk full. can any body help me to unzip this file . $ unzip abc.zip Archive: abc.zip inflating: abc.zrp abc.zip write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) $ n Thanks & Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

date arthemetic - really urgent

I get the timestamp of a file. the output of the timestamp is like this: Nov 3 11:04 I need to get the current date and subtract it from the timestamp. the output of the difference should be in minutes.. eg) (current_date-timestamp = x minutes) pls help guys.. thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
6 Replies

8. Linux

date subtraction(URGENT)

Hi all, I need the date subtraction fuctionality using shell commands. For example: date1:Wed Apr 5 08:35:21 IST 2006 date2:Tue Apr 4 10:35:44 IST 2006 I need the date subtraction result like " 22 hours 23 seconds". Please guide me to complete this task. Can you please help me ASAP. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to zip the files date wise --urgent Help needed

Hi all, this is my first post, i need to write a script to zip the files with datewise below are the log files. -rw------- 1 root sso 85316156 May 24 22:11 core_test_smservaz_104_104_1243217459_8896 -rw------- 1 root sso 90413304 May 25 22:12 core_test_smservaz_104_104_1243303895_20912... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcschandu
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Urgent for date increment

hi all, i would like to increment the date variable i am using for((i=20190731;i<=20190801;i++)) do done after 20190731 it should be 20190801 but this taking as 20190732,20190733.... kindly help me to solve this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathaban
3 Replies
shcomp(1)							   User Commands							 shcomp(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a ksh93 shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [-nv] [infile [outfile]] shcomp -D [infile [outfile]] DESCRIPTION
If the -D option is not specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh93 reads and executes with the same effect as the original script. Aliases are processed as the script is read. Alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -D Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. --dictionary With this option, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are printed, one literal per line. A literal $"foo" prints "foo" in the output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internation- alization. -n Display warning messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. --noexec -v Display input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. --verbose OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: infile Specifies the name of the file that contains the shell script to be used as input. If infile is omitted, the shell script is read from standard input. outfile Specifies the name of the output file. If outfile is omitted, both modes write their results to standard output. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The command-line interface and the system variables are Committed. The compiled shell code format is Private. The output of the -D option is Volatile. SEE ALSO
ksh93(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 27 Jan 2009 shcomp(1)