Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: more questions froma a dummy
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers more questions froma a dummy Post 302087113 by Corona688 on Tuesday 29th of August 2006 06:56:35 PM
Old 08-29-2006
Please do not post homework problems, it's against the rules here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dummy questions about how to get the size of a directory by command

Hi, 'ls -ld' is no use .... I want to get the total size of a directory including subdir. Any advice? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy questions about how to get the size of a directory by command

Hi, 'ls -ld' is no use .... I want to get the total size of a directory. Any advice? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy Questions

NOT IN USE, IGNORE (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: slayer666
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to extract a substring froma file

hi all, I'm really newbie on this and I need some help. how is the best way to extract a strig or substring from a each line in a file. e.g. I want to print only this ERROR=JUD+the followed numbers from one line like this one, considering the numbers change related to different errors ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: morena
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a C-function froma Perl script

Hi All, How can we call a c function from a perl script? Is it the same way as we do for shell script ? Thanks in advance JS (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print values of a string froma file

Hi, I have a problem in getting values of a specific string on a file, can you please help me what command or script that I will use to get it? I have a file with the following sample contents. I need to print the values of time. The time sometimes appears on column 2 or column 3. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a non-specific word froma file

Hi All, I am encountering a problem while removing a string from a file. Actually, i have done this thing before using sed to replace the word but this time word is not specfic. its value is changing with each file. e.g. %HD% Serial Number list per DN required. +3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data froma logfile

You are given a 1 year logfile with each line starting with a date in the form “YYYY-MM-DD”. How would you extract logs from the 4th day of each month and put them into a new file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove JUNK characters (FROM�)

Hi I have to remove the junk characters from my file. Please help.. File content : CURITY_CODE_GSD) FROM� DL_CB_SOD_EOD_VALUATION WHERE� ASOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arukuku
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values froma line in file

p.txt T|DCNT=100|RECCHK=22222.2|PERCHK=32323|# I want to extract the value of 100 22222.2 and 32323 and assign it to variable x1,y1,z1 x=`cut -f2 -d "=" p.txt` x1=`echo $x | cut -f1 -d "|" ` y=`cut -f3 -d "=" p.txt` y1=`echo $y | cut -f1 -d "|" ` z=`cut -f4 -d "=" p.txt` z1=`echo $z... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
3 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)