Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog
Operating Systems Solaris syslog Post 302087077 by csaunders on Tuesday 29th of August 2006 04:09:08 PM
Old 08-29-2006
So i beleive if i take the loghost entry out of /etc/hosts and then alter the mail line in syslog.conf to look like this... i should be ok

mail.debug /var/log/syslog

anyone think this is a bad idea?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies

2. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
Courier::Filter::Logger::Syslog(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Courier::Filter::Logger::Syslog(3pm)

NAME
Courier::Filter::Logger::Syslog - Syslog logger for the Courier::Filter framework SYNOPSIS
use Courier::Filter::Logger::Syslog; my $logger = Courier::Filter::Logger::Syslog->new(); # For use in an individual filter module: my $module = Courier::Filter::Module::My->new( ... logger => $logger, ... ); # For use as a global Courier::Filter logger object: my $filter = Courier::Filter->new( ... logger => $logger, ... ); DESCRIPTION
This class is a syslog logger class for use with Courier::Filter and its filter modules. It is derived from Courier::Filter::Logger::IOHandle. Constructor The following constructor is provided: new: returns Courier::Filter::Logger::Syslog; throws Courier::Error Creates a new logger that logs messages to syslog. Instance methods The following instance methods are provided, as inherited from Courier::Filter::Logger::IOHandle: log_error($text): throws Perl exceptions Logs the error message given as $text (a string which may contain newlines). log_rejected_message($message, $reason): throws Perl exceptions Logs the Courier::Message given as $message as having been rejected due to $reason (a string which may contain newlines). SEE ALSO
Courier::Filter::Logger::IOHandle, Courier::Filter::Logger, Courier::Filter::Overview. For AVAILABILITY, SUPPORT, and LICENSE information, see Courier::Filter::Overview. AUTHOR
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-12-27 Courier::Filter::Logger::Syslog(3pm)