Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Plink problem....only works if passwd is in the script Post 302087046 by Yinzer955i on Tuesday 29th of August 2006 01:56:27 PM
Old 08-29-2006
Question....

How do you read user input in Windows? Smilie

edit: Got it......used SET /p var=some text

Last edited by Yinzer955i; 08-29-2006 at 04:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

plink and shell script

This is my shell script... test.sh DIRECTORY=/XYZ/PQR if ; then echo "In test.." else echo "lno.." fi when i run this script through a putty its output is: ./test.sh: line 2: [: too many arguments lno.. But when i run the same script using plink its running fine and its... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen.1
5 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Passwd command problem

on Runnning passwd command on HPUX 11.23 I am getting pam_chauthtok: Shared object load failure. Pls help ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
13 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How join works and the specific parameters to my problem?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have two files created from extracting data off of two CSV files, one containing class enrollment on a specific quarter and the other containing grades for that specific quarter. The Enrollment file generated contains course name,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lechnology
11 Replies

4. Programming

C++ - Problem in asking and checking user's passwd

This is the source code: #include <pwd.h> #include <iostream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int main() { struct passwd *user; char login="alex", password="qwertyuiop"; if ((user= getpwnam(login)) == NULL) cout << "No such user\n"; else if... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
24 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris passwd problem

Hi, I am using solaris 10. i am facing a strange problem regarding os passwd. i have a user oracle with passwd abc123 when i open a putty session with the os using abc123 it logs on. but if i use abc123!@# it agian log on without passwd error. I came to know about the issue that if i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
5 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with Pipes => Only works first pipe

Hi! I'm having problems with pipes... I need comunnications with childs processes and parents, but only one child can comunnicate with parent (first child), others childs can't. A brief of code: if(pipe(client1r)<0){ perror("pipe"); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: serpens11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Shell script via Plink

I am trying to create a bat file with the below piece of code. plink.exe -l username -pw password -P 22 -2 -ssh servername sudo su - devuser cd /opt/sample echo 3 | ./Script.sh It executes only the first line and not the rest of the lines. Can you please help me where am I doing wrong? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingu85
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with output file plink GWAS

hi, Can anybody help me about the odd output file yielded by the following command: plink --noweb --allow-no-sex --bfile input_file --assoc --adjust --out output_file In fact, I'd like to perform a simple Bonferroni basic association test, and I obtains the following output file (extract... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boro82
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Plink wait problem

Hi, I have run into a problem to which i can't seem to find any solution, posting here is my last resort. Problem: I am using plink to access my router and run a few configuration commands. When in enter configurations mode, instead of sending next command plink keeps on waiting for manual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaainabbas
7 Replies
SMBTAR(1)							   User Commands							 SMBTAR(1)

NAME
smbtar - shell script for backing up SMB/CIFS shares directly to UNIX tape drives SYNOPSIS
smbtar [-r] [-i] [-a] [-v] {-s server} [-p password] [-x services] [-X] [-N filename] [-b blocksize] [-d directory] [-l loglevel] [-u user] [-t tape] {filenames} DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbtar is a very small shell script on top of smbclient(1) which dumps SMB shares directly to tape. OPTIONS
-s server The SMB/CIFS server that the share resides upon. -x service The share name on the server to connect to. The default is "backup". -X Exclude mode. Exclude filenames... from tar create or restore. -d directory Change to initial directory before restoring / backing up files. -v Verbose mode. -p password The password to use to access a share. Default: none -u user The user id to connect as. Default: UNIX login name. -a Reset DOS archive bit mode to indicate file has been archived. -t tape Tape device. May be regular file or tape device. Default: $TAPE environmental variable; if not set, a file called tar.out . -b blocksize Blocking factor. Defaults to 20. See tar(1) for a fuller explanation. -N filename Backup only files newer than filename. Could be used (for example) on a log file to implement incremental backups. -i Incremental mode; tar files are only backed up if they have the archive bit set. The archive bit is reset after each file is read. -r Restore. Files are restored to the share from the tar file. -l log level Log (debug) level. Corresponds to the -d flag of smbclient(1). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The $TAPE variable specifies the default tape device to write to. May be overridden with the -t option. BUGS
The smbtar script has different options from ordinary tar and from smbclient's tar command. CAVEATS
Sites that are more careful about security may not like the way the script handles PC passwords. Backup and restore work on entire shares; should work on file lists. smbtar works best with GNU tar and may not work well with other versions. DIAGNOSTICS
See the DIAGNOSTICS section for the smbclient(1) command. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8), smbclient(1), smb.conf(5). AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Ricky Poulten wrote the tar extension and this man page. The smbtar script was heavily rewritten and improved by Martin Kraemer. Many thanks to everyone who suggested extensions, improvements, bug fixes, etc. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 SMBTAR(1)