Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Plink problem....only works if passwd is in the script Post 302087042 by Yinzer955i on Tuesday 29th of August 2006 01:10:19 PM
Old 08-29-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
Can you run the bat file interactively and enter the password as a parameter, substitute the parameter in the script.?
I guess I should try huh Smilie I had to do that for some Unix scripts the other day. This may be a long and painful experiment hehe.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

plink and shell script

This is my shell script... test.sh DIRECTORY=/XYZ/PQR if ; then echo "In test.." else echo "lno.." fi when i run this script through a putty its output is: ./test.sh: line 2: [: too many arguments lno.. But when i run the same script using plink its running fine and its... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen.1
5 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Passwd command problem

on Runnning passwd command on HPUX 11.23 I am getting pam_chauthtok: Shared object load failure. Pls help ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
13 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

How join works and the specific parameters to my problem?

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have two files created from extracting data off of two CSV files, one containing class enrollment on a specific quarter and the other containing grades for that specific quarter. The Enrollment file generated contains course name,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lechnology
11 Replies

4. Programming

C++ - Problem in asking and checking user's passwd

This is the source code: #include <pwd.h> #include <iostream> #include <string.h> using namespace std; int main() { struct passwd *user; char login="alex", password="qwertyuiop"; if ((user= getpwnam(login)) == NULL) cout << "No such user\n"; else if... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
24 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris passwd problem

Hi, I am using solaris 10. i am facing a strange problem regarding os passwd. i have a user oracle with passwd abc123 when i open a putty session with the os using abc123 it logs on. but if i use abc123!@# it agian log on without passwd error. I came to know about the issue that if i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
5 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with Pipes => Only works first pipe

Hi! I'm having problems with pipes... I need comunnications with childs processes and parents, but only one child can comunnicate with parent (first child), others childs can't. A brief of code: if(pipe(client1r)<0){ perror("pipe"); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: serpens11
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Shell script via Plink

I am trying to create a bat file with the below piece of code. plink.exe -l username -pw password -P 22 -2 -ssh servername sudo su - devuser cd /opt/sample echo 3 | ./Script.sh It executes only the first line and not the rest of the lines. Can you please help me where am I doing wrong? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingu85
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with output file plink GWAS

hi, Can anybody help me about the odd output file yielded by the following command: plink --noweb --allow-no-sex --bfile input_file --assoc --adjust --out output_file In fact, I'd like to perform a simple Bonferroni basic association test, and I obtains the following output file (extract... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boro82
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Plink wait problem

Hi, I have run into a problem to which i can't seem to find any solution, posting here is my last resort. Problem: I am using plink to access my router and run a few configuration commands. When in enter configurations mode, instead of sending next command plink keeps on waiting for manual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaainabbas
7 Replies
SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)						 SSSD Manual pages						  SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)

NAME
sss_obfuscate - obfuscate a clear text password SYNOPSIS
sss_obfuscate [options] [PASSWORD] DESCRIPTION
sss_obfuscate converts a given password into human-unreadable format and places it into appropriate domain section of the SSSD config file. The cleartext password is read from standard input or entered interactively. The obfuscated password is put into "ldap_default_authtok" parameter of a given SSSD domain and the "ldap_default_authtok_type" parameter is set to "obfuscated_password". Refer to sssd-ldap(5) for more details on these parameters. Please note that obfuscating the password provides no real security benefit as it is still possible for an attacker to reverse-engineer the password back. Using better authentication mechanisms such as client side certificates or GSSAPI is strongly advised. OPTIONS
-h,--help Display help message and exit. -s,--stdin The password to obfuscate will be read from standard input. -d,--domain DOMAIN The SSSD domain to use the password in. The default name is "default". -f,--file FILE Read the config file specified by the positional parameter. Default: /etc/sssd/sssd.conf SEE ALSO
sssd-ldap(5) AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
03/04/2013 SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)