Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting loop throw perl regexp selection Post 302086854 by cbkihong on Monday 28th of August 2006 05:03:58 AM
Old 08-28-2006
q|.....| is just another way to write '.....'.

In s///ge, g means "global" and e means "expression".

That means we are running a search-n-replace repeatedly, and a Perl expression is given in the second operand of s/// instead of a replacement string.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with Perl REGEXP

I need help with a Perl regular expression. The following string blows up my program: <david(greg jim)> If I type this string, there is no problem: <david(greg_jim)> or type david(gregjim) or type <david greg jim> the CGI program does not complain. For some reason that I do not understand the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp

What is the easiest way to get full address of *.jpg images from html file using perl? example: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2397/2126443111_65a810004c.jpg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

GUI selection for perl scripts

Hi, I need to develop a GUI for Perl scripts which needs frequent user interactions(like getting the inputs from the user at various stages). Can anyone suggest a language to develop a GUI which is simple to use and which can be implemented within a short time frame? Thanks, Vishwa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwa787
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp matching

Hello, I cannot see what's wrong in my code. When I run code below, it just print an empty string. my $test = "SWER~~ERTGSDFGTHAS_RTAWGA_DFAS.x4-234253454.in"; if ($test = ~ m/\~{1,2}.*4/) { print "$1\n"; } else { print "No match...\n"; } Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urandom
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regexp: no match across newlines

Hi. Here's a tricky one (at least to me): I have a file named theFile.txt (UTF-8) that contains the following: a b cWhen I execute perl -pe 's|a.*c|d|sg' theFile.txtin bash 3.2 on MAC OS X 10.6, I get no match, i.e. the result is a b cagain. Any clues why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatManWSL
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace awk with a perl one liner (REGEXP and FS)

hello, I want to replace awk with a perl one liner in unix. i use in awk REGEX and FS ( field separator) because awk syntaxes in different unix os versions have not the same behaviour. Awk, Nawk and GNU Awk Cheat Sheet - good coders code, great reuse i have a file named "file" and want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
5 Replies

7. Programming

Perl OLE Selection property iteration in cycle

Hi gurus, i am trying to write simple perl script using win32 ole which will iterate over all M$ word paragraphs (any text that ends with a hard return) and print only those paragraphs that matches the specified condition. The problem is that I need to access font size property. It seems to me that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp help

Hi, I have file like below: 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afsf||4|aasfbc|~1213~~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |affsf| |4|abc|~rwarw~~asa~~~123~312313 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf |afasfs||4|aasfdbc|~564564~~~~ 1|1212|34353|5fdf 6575||dfgdg sfsdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and Replace String in Perl - Regexp

Trying to find and replace one string with another string in a file #!/usr/bin/perl $csd_table_path = "/file.ntab"; $find_str = '--bundle_type=021'; $repl_str = '--bundle_type=021 --target=/dev/disk1s2'; if( system("/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/$find_str/$repl_str/' $csd_table_path")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
2 Replies
cs_parse_string(3)						      cs/cs.h							cs_parse_string(3)

NAME
cs_parse_string - parse a CS template string SYNOPSIS
#include <cs/cs.h> NEOERR *cs_parse_string (CSPARSE *parse, char *buf, size_t blen); ARGUMENTS
parse - a CSPARSE structure created with cs_init buf - the string to parse. Embedded NULLs are not currently supported blen - the length of the string DESCRIPTION
cs_parse_string parses a string. The string is modified, and internal references are kept by the parse tree. For this reason, ownership of the string is transfered to the CS system, and the string will be free'd when cs_destroy() is called. The parse information will be appended to the current parse tree. During parse, the only HDF variables which are evaluated are those used in evar or include statements. RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
cs_dump(3), cs_destroy(3), cs_render(3), cs_register_esc_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parsev(3), cs_register_fileload(3), cs_init(3), cs_regis- ter_strfunc(3), cs_arg_parse(3), cs_parse_string(3), cs_parse_file(3), =(3), cs_register_function ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cs_parse_string(3)