Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Developing a new command line interface Post 302086739 by redirect on Sunday 27th of August 2006 07:41:35 AM
Old 08-27-2006
I found 2 ways that may help in doing so..
CLISH project on sourceforge and cmd module in python.
CLISH doesnot seem to compile on my fedora machine till
now...And i dont even know how difficult/easy would it
be to use cmd module in python.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the GRUB command line to graphical interface?

Hi, I am i new Unix linux user. I've installed the linux 9 and i uninstall it. the first time i install the linux, the GRUB show the graphical interface. But after i reinstall it again, the GRUB change to command line. I can't boot my comp now. What should I do? And i don't know how to deal with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lee_chongeu
1 Replies

2. Linux

How change GRUB command line to graphical interface?

Hi, I am i new Unix linux user. I've installed the linux 9 and i uninstall it. the first time i install the linux, the GRUB show the graphical interface. But after i reinstall it again, the GRUB change to command line. I can't boot my comp now. What should I do? And i don't know how to deal with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lee_chongeu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Possible GUI to Command-Line Interface Translator?

I was chatting with my teacher on how this could be a great tool for admins who are making the switch from GUI to CLI administration. I'm wondering, does this kind of tool exist? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daemon-Killer
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies
PYDOC(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  PYDOC(1)

NAME
pydoc -- the Python documentation tool SYNOPSIS
pydoc name pydoc -k keyword pydoc -p port pydoc -g pydoc -w module ... pydoc --help DESCRIPTION
pydoc shows text documentation on something related to python(1). The name argument may be the name of a Python keyword, topic, function, module, or package, or a dotted reference to a class or function within a module or module in a package. If name contains a '/', it is used as the path to a Python source file to document. If name is 'keywords', 'topics', or 'modules', a listing of these things is displayed. OPTIONS
-k keyword Search for a keyword in the synopsis lines of all available modules. -p port Start an HTTP server on the given port on the local machine. -g Pop up a graphical interface for finding and serving documentation. -w module ... Write out the HTML documentation for a module to a file in the current directory. If module contains a '/', it is treated as a filename; if it names a directory, documentation is written for all the contents. --help Prints out a help message. AUTHOR
Moshe Zadka, based on "pydoc --help" SEE ALSO
python(1) Dec 19, 2003