Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mput is not working in ftp script Post 302086723 by gsri on Saturday 26th of August 2006 09:48:28 PM
Old 08-26-2006
mput is not working in ftp script

1)In this script mput command is not working( not transfering multiple files, it is able to send single file)
2)here is the script to automate the ftp process .
3)for transfering files from one machine to other machine using ftp

can anyone can give me the solution in this issue
Script is given below

# Variables to store command line arguments

server_name=$1
user_name=$2
password=$3
current_dir=$4
dest_dir=$5
file_types=$6

# temp to trap the errors

temp=/export/home/dev/ftptransfer.log.`date +%Y%m%d`

ftp -i -n -v << FTP_LABEL >> $temp 2>&1

open $server_name
user $user_name $password
lcd $current_dir
cd $dest_dir
mput $file_types
bye
FTP_LABEL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

FTP limits - mput *

I am trying to upload via FTP 11,000 files in a Solaris 8 system. I am using Windows 2000 and its FTP client to upload the files. The command used is mput *.jpg.When the quantity of files reaches 10,000 the upload aborts. Is this problem related with the FTP client ? If yes, another FTP client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waldecy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

hi I have made d below ftp script but the last part of script ie. moving the files after transfer (to a location in the source server only) is not working for me. Can anybody pls..help.in same..!!! ####################################################### #!/bin/sh ftp -n 10.209.13.11... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp in shell script is not working

Hi All, I have writtern a shell script which has a sql query. I want to send the results of sql query to a shared area over a network.I also want to log the errors in a log file if the text file is not sent to shared area. The results of sql query are spooled in TEMPFILE. LOGFILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsachin
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to grep and pipe to mput ftp

I am ptting the following into an FTOP script. date=`TZ="aaa24" date +'%Y%m%d'` # this gets Yesterday date . . . . mput < 'l | grep $Vdate' # the idea to grep a listing from a directory that has yesterday date in its file name then put it in the remote FTP server. How can I get it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raouf@comcast.n
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix FTP Script connecting through proxy Not working

Hi All, can some one please help me to solve this issue, its urgent:confused: We need to FTP a file form our Unix server to an external client FTP location. I am trying to connect to the proxy server first and then use the below USER comment to connect to the external FTP server, and its working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JesusJoseph
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ftp-upload is not working

Hello everyone, sorry for the title, most of you must getting sick of reading something like this, but I haven't found a solution, although I found many threads according to it. I'm working on a bash script that connects to a network printer with ftp where I want to upload a pdf created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: le_mae
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working after FTP

Hi Gurus, I prepared a script to process some files and then ftp the output file to mainframe directory. Here is the code snippet for the same. # Perform FTP echo "put $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE '$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE'" >> $LogFile ftp -i -n <<EOF >> $LogFile open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

Hi , Hi , seems in my code '\' is ignoring in user id and considering DB_SVCGPRUAT as a ID and failing to connect to the FTP server. my complete ID 'BD\SVCGPRUAT', how to rectify this error. #!/bin/bash myuser='"BD\_SVCGPRUAT" { BD is domain } mypass='Welcome$123'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

Hi, I have one FTP script which simply sends the file to target server via netrc.it used to work as normal for years.recently target server IP got changed , same has been updated in .netrc but unable to connect it via FTP though netwrk guys already opened the port 21,20 and 22 . NETRC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
7 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)