Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users xwindows over ssh after sudo? Post 302086652 by scottsl on Friday 25th of August 2006 11:27:16 AM
Old 08-25-2006
Duh!

I'm so used to importing the environment never thought about leaving the "-" off. That worked....Thanks for the response.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hello, Can you config sudo to use the passphrase in the user ssh-key instead of the one in the passwd? Some users do not have local passwords on the system and instead of adding the NOPASSWD in sudoers I would like the solution I asked about above. Thx Jocke (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jOOc
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo and ssh

Hi, I would like to know how i can perform a task, while performing ssh, sudo and command at the same time. What I generally do is I ssh to the server, where i created private and public, so it does not prompt me for password all the time. Then i need to run "sudo su - ldaprole" to get into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh and sudo login

Hi, I am trying to execute some command, via ssh and sudo. Here is what i want to do. ssh localhost | sudo su - ldaprole | ls -ltrh However, this command gives me listing of my home directory, and not of ldaprole. If I logic directly, when i perform sudo su - ldaprole, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

5. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

6. HP-UX

Need ssh,sudo,ftp packages for HP-UX 11.00

Hi Folks, I am in need of ssh,sudo,ftp packages for HP-UX 11.00 Was not able to get it on HP itrc/ hp support center. please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sudo Password Prompt over SSH

I am not sure what I am missing here. I have the following identical entry in /etc/sudoers on multiple Red Hat 6.4 servers. icinga ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/yum --security --exclude\="kernel*" check-update On one server when I enter the command over SSH as follows it works fine. ssh -t -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh & sudo

when the following command is issued the command prompt is received, how do I get past this? ssh -t usera@hosta sudo su - userb -c id (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
4 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Help on Ssh using sudo

I'm confused in the configuration of sudoers for one group of users. The users need to execute a app from a remote machine, in this local machine they want me to allow ssh for them using sudo for eg. sudo -u admin ssh -X euadmin@<IP address of remote> <remote script which opens a gui> It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh does not support sqlplus and sudo -i?

Hey everybody, currently I am having an issue that I need to open an ssh session to a remote host, once on the remote host I need to use sudo and then execute sqlplus. Once the sqlplus call is open I need to execute one command while the sqlplus is active. For example show sga. I already got so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h1kelds
3 Replies
mms_rsp_type(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_rsp_type(3MMS)

NAME
mms_rsp_type, mms_get_tree, mms_get_str, mms_get_attribute, mms_handle_err_rsp - MMS client functions for handling responses SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_rsp_type(void *response); mms_par_node_t *mms_get_tree(void *response); char *mms_get_str(void *response); char *mms_get_attribute(void *response, char *name, void **prev); int mms_handle_err_response(void *response, int * class, int * code, char **message); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, response is the MMS response to an MMP command sent by the client. The mms_rsp_type() macro returns the type of the response. The following is a list of responses: MMS_API_RSP_UNACC unacceptable response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL success response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_INTR intermediate response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_ERR error response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_CANC cancelled response The mms_get_tree() macro returns the parse tree of the response. The mms_get_str() macro returns the response string. The mms_get_attribute() function takes a response with name values looking for name, and returning the value associated with it. A client can call this function multiple times if the response contains multiple instances of name. When all occurrences of name have been found, NULL is returned. The mms_handle_err_rsp() function processes an error response on behalf of the client. It returns the error class, error code, and the internationalized error message if one was included. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, mms_handle_err_rsp() returns MMS_API_OK. If it encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicat- ing the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERROR Unable to obtain error class or code. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_init(3MMS), mms_send_cmd(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_rsp_type(3MMS)