Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lame php question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lame php question Post 302086217 by Hitori on Wednesday 23rd of August 2006 02:45:20 AM
Old 08-23-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkihong
I always avoid pconnect() because for mysql it is known to multiplex multiple connections to the same host for two databases. In the past I found this a harsh way. Wanting to open two connections to copy rows from one database to the next, and at the end everything was messed up badly.
You are totally right

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkihong
Although the database connection is persistent, but on every page you still need to call connect to get the database handle, isn't it?
Yes, but the connectin is not dropped/created each time

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lame question

i have one stupid question... so please don't laught at me :-) actually i have linux on my pc, but i want to install a solaris... i heard that solaris is not free, but my friend said that there is a free solaris dostridution in gnu licence... is it real? if yes where can i get it? if no -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another lame 'vi' question......

This is a long shot, but there are many bright folks on here ;) My next vi drama involves a using a prototype file for a makefile. I have an old prototype file but its not in correct format. It's formated as: /the/old/path/file1 <garbage> <garbage> /the/old/path/file2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yinzer955i
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete original wav file if lame was successful encoding.

In a bash script: src=”cooltrack.wav” dst=”cooltrack.mp3” lame $src $dst I would like to add some line that would delete the source wav file like: rm $src but I would like this only if the encoding was successful. What should I include before deleting the original to check that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'batch conversion using lame' shell script

Hi. I am trying to write an sh script that will: 1. take each wav file in ~/Documents 2. convert each into mp3 format using "lame" encoder 3. save the new mp3 in ~/Documents/newmp3s. It has to follow the 3 steps in this order for each wav file before taking the next file. I tried a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingzy
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Protocol Jokes (Lame)

I have a UDP joke but i don't know if you will get it: Also, I have a TCP joke and i know you will get it. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TUX servers
2 Replies
CLUSTERDB(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					      CLUSTERDB(1)

NAME
clusterdb - cluster a PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
clusterdb [ connection-options... ] [ --table | -t table ] [ dbname ] clusterdb [ connection-options... ] [ --all | -a ] DESCRIPTION
clusterdb is a utility for reclustering tables in a PostgreSQL database. It finds tables that have previously been clustered, and clusters them again on the same index that was last used. Tables that have never been clustered are not touched. clusterdb is a shell script wrapper around the backend command CLUSTER [cluster(7)] via the PostgreSQL interactive terminal psql(1). There is no effective difference between clustering databases via this or other methods. psql must be found by the script and a database server must be running at the targeted host. Also, any default settings and environment variables available to psql and the libpq front-end library do apply. clusterdb might need to connect several times to the PostgreSQL server, asking for a password each time. It is convenient to have a $HOME/.pgpass file in such cases. OPTIONS
clusterdb accepts the following command-line arguments: -a --all Cluster all databases. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies the name of the database to be clustered. If this is not specified and -a (or --all) is not used, the database name is read from the environment variable PGDATABASE. If that is not set, the user name specified for the connection is used. -e --echo Echo the commands that clusterdb generates and sends to the server. -q --quiet Do not display a response. -t table --table table Clusters table only. clusterdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If host begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the Internet TCP/IP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as -W --password Force password prompt. DIAGNOSTICS
CLUSTER Everything went well. clusterdb: Cluster failed. Something went wrong. clusterdb is only a wrapper script. See CLUSTER [cluster(7)] and psql(1) for a detailed discussion of error messages and potential problems. Note that this message may appear once per table to be clustered. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters. EXAMPLES
To cluster the database test: $ clusterdb test To cluster a single table foo in a database named xyzzy: $ clusterdb --table foo xyzzy SEE ALSO
CLUSTER [cluster(7)] Application 2002-11-22 CLUSTERDB(1)