Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to copy Folder with FTP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to copy Folder with FTP Post 302086193 by heru_90 on Tuesday 22nd of August 2006 11:08:10 PM
Old 08-23-2006
Question How to copy Folder with FTP

Dear All,

I'm new in Unix System, can you help me about how to copy folder using FTP command.

I have folder name "/heru" and I want copy this folder to my windows system.
how to copy this folder?
and how to copy all file that using 1 extesion to other divice using ftp for example I want copy all my tar file ..

thank you for your help

Regards,

Heru

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy folder

Dear All , Kindly I need the easy way or methof in order to copy a folder ( large size ) from one server to another thru the network ! I have a Folder on server A , and i need to take it to server B , through the network . can i use rcp ? if yes how ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy folder contents

I need to make a new dir in side the dir lab5 the new dir is called testLab5 without changing directories copy all files from your lab5 directory into your testLab5 directory then i have to without chaning directories and using exactly one command remove all files that start with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsk8_99
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compress and copy a Folder

hi Buddies , How can i Compress and move a folder through UNIX completely to windows 2000 through FTP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scorpiyanz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse the .txt file for folder name and FTP to the corrsponding folder.

Oracle procedure create files on UNIX folder on a regular basis. I need to FTP files onto windows server and place the files, based on their name, in the corresponding folders. File name is as follows: ccyymmddfoldernamefile.txt; Folder Name length could be of any size; however, the prefix and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy files to one folder?

Hi , I have a file like this, i need to trace its path and copy the files from its path to one folder. I need to replace elib.com,melib.com to F:\.Here i need to copy to a folder called image. Please help http://elib.com/SHC/NLNLHB/020001498.pdf ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy folder and its contents to another folder

Hi experts, I am coming to you with this basic question on copying a folder and its content from one location to another folder using PERL script. This is my requirement. I have a folder AB under /users/myhome I want to copy AB and its contents to /user/workspace. Finally it should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy whole folder

hi friend, i have Xfolder on remote server A i have local server B need to whole x folder from A server B . Thanks in advance, anshuman (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANSHUMAN1983
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files with the same filenames as those in another folder to that same folder?

Hello All A similar question like this was asked before but I need to change part of the question. I've two folders, Folder A contains some image files in 150 subfolders; Folder B contains text files in 350 subfolders. All image files in Folder A have the same filename as the text... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlade
5 Replies
rpdump(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rpdump(1)

NAME
rpdump - alpine remote data utility SYNTAX
rpdump [ -f ] -l Local_file -r Remote_folder DESCRIPTION
Rpdump may be used to copy the actual data from remote Alpine configuration files or address books into a local file. It is intended to be used by system administrators. Regular users should normally use the facilities provided within Alpine. Local_file will normally be a local temporary file. Remote_folder is the IMAP folder being used as a remote Alpine configuration (with the help of Alpine's -P, -p, and -x commands or PINECONF, PINERC, and PINERCEX environment variables) or remote Alpine address book folder. A copy of the data from Remote_folder will be copied to Local_file. -f Force the dump even if the remote folder is in an unrecognized format. -l Local_file The file on this system that is to be copied to. -r Remote_folder A remote folder name to be copied from. See the Alpine documentation for the syntax of a remote folder name. One example is {my.imap.server}remote_pinerc. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if all goes well, -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
Rpload(1). Copyright 1989-2007 by the University of Washington. $Date: 2005/01/14 20:40:14 $ rpdump(1)