Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error on compiling php for GD on SOLARIS 10 Post 302086050 by callingrohit on Monday 21st of August 2006 11:52:20 PM
Old 08-22-2006
hi cbkihong,

i tried what you suggested but got the same set of errors as last time.....
Code:
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
libiconv_close                      ext/gd/libgd/.libs/gdkanji.o
libiconv_open                       ext/gd/libgd/.libs/gdkanji.o
libiconv                            ext/gd/libgd/.libs/gdkanji.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to sapi/cli/php
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1

Thanks
rohit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get error while compiling apache with php module

hi, i'm compiling apache with php module after i finish compile mysql-4.0.0-alpha. i do it as the follow steps after untar'ed them in the same directory, 1) cd apache_1.3.22 ./configure 2) cd php-4.0.6 ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \ --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jApHEth
2 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling in Solaris

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I'm trying to compile a shared library in Solaris running on x86. I get "void value not ignored as it ought to be" error when trying "make". But it compiles fine in Fedora. How can this happen? I think both are using the same type of compiler. What can I do to get around... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerb
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compiling php5 on solaris 9. please help.

I'm trying to compile PHP5. I've installed mysql5 successfully and apache1.3 is working great, but I get the message below when I compile PHP5. I double checked if I have libxml2 installed and I do. I installed libxml2 binary from sunfreeware. Please see below for details: ./configure... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Compiling IRSSI on Solaris 10

How does one go aout compiling irssi locally on a fresh installation of Solaris 10, Out put from ./configure m command /download/1rss1-0.8.12 checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for gawk... no checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FloridaBSD
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

compiling netsnmp on solaris 8

Hello all Currently I am trying to install net-snmp-5.5 on a V480 Solaris 8 machine however things are hardly going smooth. I'm running configure will the following options. ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-mib-modules="smux ucd-snmp/diskio ucd-snmp/lmSensors host"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

6. Programming

Sun Solaris C++ Compiling Error

Hello. I'm using SunStudio 12 Update 1. When compiling for x86, everything works fine. When compiling for SPARC, I get the following errors. I linked libCstd.so.1 explicitly, but I get the same errors. Would anyone be kind enough to step me through resolving this? Thank you very much. **... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi all, I am getting the following error While installing Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10. #./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh : autoheader : not found ./autogen.sh : test : argument expected Please help me as I am in a critical state of the project. Warm regards, Sathya (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

8. HP-UX

Compiling php 5.3.3 on HP-UX 11.23

Hi, I'm trying to compile php 5.3.3 on HP 11.23 We've installed all the pre-requirements packages. Here is the configure: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php.5.3.3 --with-mysqli=mysqlnd --enable-libxml --with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/libxml2-2.7 --disable-dom The configure has no problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yomtov
0 Replies

9. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Error while starting Apache after compiling PHP and Curl

Hello, I am facing an issue while starting the apache server after compiling php and curl. Below are the versions i am using. php-5.2.17 httpd-2.2.17 curl-7.16.0 CentOS5.5x64 Compiling above packages without curl working very fine but when trying to compile php with curl below error is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
1 Replies
netatalk-config(1)					       The Netatalk Project						netatalk-config(1)

NAME
netatalk-config - script to get information about the installed version of netatalk SYNOPSIS
netatalk-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--exec_prefix[=DIR]] [--help] [--version] [--libs] [--libs-dirs] [--libs-names] [--cflags] [--macros] DESCRIPTION
netatalk-config is a tool that is used to configure to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams that use the netatalk run-time libraries. OPTIONS
netatalk-config accepts the following options: --help Print a short help for this command and exit. --version Print the currently installed version of netatalk on the standard output. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link against the netatalk run-time libraries. --libs-dirs Print only the -l/-R part of --libs. --libs-names Print only the -l part of --libs. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program linked against the netatalk run-time libraries. --macros Print the netatalk m4 directory. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that netatalk was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --exec_prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation exec prefix that netatalk was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998 Owen Taylor Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation. Man page adapted for netatalk-config by Sebastian Rittau in 2001. netatalk 1.5pre6 09 June 2001 netatalk-config(1)