Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set enviroment variable..
Operating Systems Solaris set enviroment variable.. Post 302085968 by callingrohit on Monday 21st of August 2006 12:02:41 PM
Old 08-21-2006
Hi,

I too am facing this problem of setting the environment variables permanently. i'm using sh as my shell and I looked for .profile directory in my root filesystem but did not see any directory named like that. What directory am I supposed to be looking at ???

Thanks
rohit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to set the LANG variable

When I login to my AIX server, the LANG variable is automatically being set to En_US. This is causing locale warning messages when I run emacs or perl. The reason seems to be that En_US is not a valid locale (seen by running locale -a). I can change the variable from the command line (export... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvdeijk
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing remote machine via an enviroment variable

Hi. Is it possible to remotely access another unix box via an enviroment variable, on another machine? I am trying to create an environment variable $MIPSDATA which will point to a folder on another machine. I have setup the .rhosts file and got that working on both machines (tested via a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable with another variable? c shell

okay, this shouldn't be difficult but I can't figure it out. How can I set a variable with another variable. I have the following: foreach pe ($dir $sp) set tpe = `echo $pe | grep M` if ($tpe == M) then set ${$pe} = M <--- This doesn't work else endif end In this case what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set gobal enviroment vaibles in HPUNIX

Hi , I have one script setting envrioments varaible , calling this scripts in another script,i wnat to user thoese envrioemnt variables in parent script. I am trying set envrioment variables with "export" comand i am unable to access thoese envrioment variables. $ cat dm_env21... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakoti.s
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass enviroment variable from csh to Informix sql script

Hello, I have a csh script that creates an environment variable. I want to pass the environment variable(CURR_TABLE_DATE) to an Informix sql script. Here is the csh: #!/bin/csh -f setenv INFORMIXSERVER market3_tcp setenv CURR_TABLE_DATE 20090714 set DATABASE = gm_cdr set SQL_DIR =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwoj
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the use of command set -- and set - variable?

Hi, I am using hp unix i want to know the use of the following commands set -- set - variable thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomathi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know who and where a variable is set ?

hi, i'm not a root user and i want to know which user and in which file is loaded a variable seen in the "env" display ? I will use this variable but i want to be sure that it will be a permanent variable ! i don't see it in my files (.profile , kshrc...) and neither in /etc/profile. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

do you have a better way to set this variable?

greetings, i have a variable $input that i want to use to set $output. $input is /dir/filename.mph and $input is passed to my script that i manipulate it as follows: input=`basename $input`i want the $output to be filename_solved.mph, basically stuffing "_solved" in the filename. here's how i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about enviroment variable.

Hi Gurus, I am stuck on below issue. in my .profile. I have two variable: x=abc$123 t=xyz$ when running env command, I got below: x=abc t=xyz$ my OS is SunOS 5.10 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 I am wondering why t=xyz$ shows exactly value? I try below: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
9 Replies
hx509 enviroment functions(3)					Heimdalx509library				     hx509 enviroment functions(3)

NAME
hx509 enviroment functions - Functions int hx509_env_add (hx509_context context, hx509_env *env, const char *key, const char *value) int hx509_env_add_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env *env, const char *key, hx509_env list) const char * hx509_env_lfind (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key, size_t len) const char * hx509_env_find (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key) hx509_env hx509_env_find_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char *key) void hx509_env_free (hx509_env *env) Detailed Description Function Documentation int hx509_env_add (hx509_context context, hx509_env * env, const char * key, const char * value) Add a new key/value pair to the hx509_env. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to add value value to add Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). int hx509_env_add_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env * env, const char * key, hx509_env list) Add a new key/binding pair to the hx509_env. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to add list binding list to add Returns: An hx509 error code, see hx509_get_error_string(). const char* hx509_env_find (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key) Search the hx509_env for a key. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. Returns: the value if the key is found, NULL otherwise. hx509_env hx509_env_find_binding (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key) Search the hx509_env for a binding. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. Returns: the binding if the key is found, NULL if not found. void hx509_env_free (hx509_env * env) Free an hx509_env enviroment context. Parameters: env the enviroment to free. const char* hx509_env_lfind (hx509_context context, hx509_env env, const char * key, size_t len) Search the hx509_env for a length based key. Parameters: context A hx509 context. env enviroment to add the enviroment variable too. key key to search for. len length of key. Returns: the value if the key is found, NULL otherwise. Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 hx509 enviroment functions(3)