Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to find memory capacity.
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory how to find memory capacity. Post 302085956 by vgersh99 on Monday 21st of August 2006 10:45:40 AM
Old 08-21-2006
look into 'man prtconf'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to find memory used by a process

Hi, Can anyone help me out in writing the shell scrip which monitors a process which is running and gives me the output of the memory being used by the process, I have the requirement of monitorig the memory usage of the process when it is running. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayagiri
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find filesystems crossed 90% capacity

Hi experts, How do i find which are the filesystems which has crossed 90% capacity in solaris box. thanks Shaan:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find the memory in HP-Unix?

Hi, I have a HP-Unix server, version B.11.23. Can someone tell me how to find out the physical memory & virtual memory (swap) in my server? & what is Page fault? & is there any limitation for page fault? Thank you. Your help is appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to find 8 gb of memory

I 've one box with 16gb of RAM and top, vmstat showing 8712M free , i 'm unable to find which process is eating up rest of the memory , the system is not running anything at the moment. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
14 Replies

6. Red Hat

how to find out free memory?

hi, I have done the below, but am confused as to how much memory is "free" please help thanks $ free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 132033488 48827536 83205952 0 1007696 45404632 -/+ buffers/cache: 2415208 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
7 Replies

7. AIX

how to find out disk capacity

Hi, I would like to know how to find out disk capacity if it is assigned from the storage as a lun. as per below command , I am unable to find out disk capacity. $ bash bash-3.00$ lspv hdisk1 0001579a7fa3c086 None $ lscfg -vl hdisk1 hdisk1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find filesystem capacity on 50 servers

Hi all, I am new to Unix and I want to write a shell script in a jumpbox for finding the filesystem capacity on 50 unix servers ( by ssh ) and then email the result in HTML format with server name and capacity % to a specific outlook distribution list. any suggestion would be of great help. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
17 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find memory consumption by application

Hello, we are using AIX 6.1 On our AIX 6.1 server there are two instance of Oracle, a Websphear, a Java application and informatica are running. Can I find out how much memory each of these are consuming? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_DBA
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to find the used memory in HP-UX?

Hi all, Can any please provide how to calculate the cpu and memory usage of HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies
vzcalc(8)							    Containers								 vzcalc(8)

NAME
vzcalc - calculate resource usage of a container SYNOPSIS
vzcalc [-v] CTID DESCRIPTION
This utility displays the share of the host system resources a particular container is using. If the container is running, the current usage is displayed. High utilization values (>100%) mean the system is overloaded (or the container has an invalid configuration). Current Shows the amount of the resources consumed by the container at a given time. Promised Shows the resources soft limit values "promised" for a given container. Max Shows the resources hard limit values "promised" for a given container. If the -v option is specified, the following additional information is also displayed: Low Mem The part of memory residing at lower addresses and directly accessed by the kernel (only makes sense for 32-bit architectures). Total RAM Total memory. Mem+Swap Amount of memory available for applications (both RAM and swap space). Alloc Mem Standard memory allocations made for applications in a container. This is a more "virtual" system resource than RAM or RAM and swap. Num. Proc Number of processes. OPTIONS
-v Display additional information. EXIT STATUS
Normally, the exit status is 0. On error, the exit status is 1. LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2000-2009, Parallels, Inc. Licensed under GNU GPL. OpenVZ 10 Dec 2009 vzcalc(8)